Getting new board: quad anyone?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by themathteacher, Jun 19, 2007.

1. themathteacher

themathteacher Member

May 26, 2007
    I'm getting a new summer board for small days. I was thinking of going quad for my next one, in particular either buying a Xanady Pig 2 or having one made with the same properties by a local shaper: wide and flat, quad with half-moon tail.

I have a retro fish and a modern fish already, just not a quad. Anyone have a pig 2 and recommend it? or should I just go with a quad fish? Remember, it's for small or mushy days, got a quiver for the rest of the days

[​IMG]

2. Otter

Otter Member

Feb 8, 2007
    HEY! How'd you get ahold of my Buddy Mike's boards????? I'm gonna track you down and cut your leash... or worse.

Hold on, MathTeacher, zat you Mike??? ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007

3. themathteacher

themathteacher Member

May 26, 2007
    otter, what up bro

What up Otter, you belong to ALL surfing websites? Dude, Suckouts was fun, caught some fun shoulder+ waves. See you at the next one :rolleyes:

4. alrammd

alrammd Member

Jun 5, 2007
    nice

hi mathteacher, that is a sweet quiver you have there

we should all be so lucky. gimme the run own on the specs-you look like you are set up for every possible point and beachbreak situation between point conception and cabo:cool:

5. alrammd

alrammd Member

Jun 5, 2007
    half moon tail

any luck with the half moon tail

i have a hard time believing that it is all that different from a deep swallow on one of your fish? seems like more of a fashion tail than a function tail-but i've never ridden one either

notice any difference?