todays forcast

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by blsurfer, Mar 26, 2009.

1. blsurfer

blsurfer Guest

does swellinfo actually attempt to forcast the surf.or do they just make random guesses?it was predicted 4.9 ft today in myrtle and when we got there it was about ankle high.you guys suck at doing your job!!!!

2. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    thanks for sharing.

This is today's forecast for myrtle beach:

Surf: Knee to waist high mix of SSE short period wind swell and ESE medium period swell for the morning. The surf builds a bit from the S in the afternoon occasional sets up to stomach high.
    Conditions: Bumpy/choppy with S winds 10-15kt.

4.9ft @ 7 seconds is the open ocean forecast swell, not how big the wave face height is. Tides, wind, swell direciton all temporal factors.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009

3. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    dude swellinfo is the best site out there for swell forecasting. and usually they are on the mark with the forecasts. and is this the first time you have ever used swellinfo?

4. bfloyd

bfloyd Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Admin, I'd ban idiots like that. Just pull their username from the site.

5. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    well, their were reports that there waves in MB this afternoon anyway.

6. bfloyd

bfloyd Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2008
    It was rideable, occ stomach would sneak through at the right spot. Thats somebody just trying to get attention, whine, etc.

7. DOUG BIXBY

DOUG BIXBY Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    WHATEVER DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! blsurfer

I live in Myrtle Beach ( one block away from beach ) and follow swellinfo hourly ( not weekly or daily ). The local myrtle beach video surf report is done daily by me i have not been giving it 100% the last three weeks due to ankle problem. Anyways lets get to the point here BLSURFER where do you get off talking that B/S about this website we should all be thankful that someone takes the time to do this FORCAST for all of us ( KEYWORD FORCAST ). This website by far is the best for surfing forcast, since we have got alot of local guys doing a surf report for there area. If your not happy with life or this site take your negitive comments somewhere elso please. Also if you watch threads on here follow there thoughts it helps.

just remember ( OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES EVERYONE HAS ONE ) LOL!!!

blsurfer maybe my surf report will help you out.

blsurfer here is my dirrect site for the
    myrtle beach VIDEO surf report. (http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/member.php?u=7581 )
    myspace page : ( www.myspace.com/myrtlebeachsurfreport
    youtube videos : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYRiXFCh17Q

latter DOUG BIXBY!!

8. cricha

cricha Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Hey doug - that guys obviously a self made, profession, life term KOOK and mommy hasnt been around to wipe his heinie in 10 minutes. Maybe he should just go check it himself and f off !!

9. DOUG BIXBY

Mar 29, 2008
    read new thread im putting up now lol

be sure to read this new thread!!!

10. blackie

blackie Active Member

Mar 26, 2009
    lets get real and realize wave size fluctuates every 10 minutes on the east coast in general, at any given spot... but on a sidenote, only waves i ever caught in myrtle was at a wavepark son. no reason in arguing when we measure our surf by body parts, when everyone is different heights...anyways, it was 3-4' and clean that same morning at home before i left, only 3 hours north...and knee high poo at cherry grove and down on "the strip", on the same day..... had a local tell me something about the continental shelf and all. But i had the greatest time partying and all :cool:
    i have seen some vids when the grand strand was pumping, and it looked super fun on a big east swell..... that kook should have checked dougs report, he's out there filming knee high slop, so others dont have to. kudos my friend, keep chargin

11. thorogood32

thorogood32 New Member

Jun 9, 2007
    blsurfer

Just looking at his pic--how old is this guy? 12?

12. isurfpawleys

isurfpawleys Active Member

Apr 14, 2007
    how about you start lookin for something else to whine about, like obama. freaking idiot. learn to surf.

13. cricha

cricha Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Yes that guys sux but no of us have enough time to whine about Obama. That post would never end.............

14. DOUG BIXBY

Mar 29, 2008
    obama surfing.....

hey thats funny about the never ending post obama..........even better i saw him surfing dis morning. LOL.
    thanks, guess who
    THE HELL WITH WORKING - - IM GOING SURFING!!!!!

15. cricha

cricha Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Yeah...screw it! Im on the Obama plan now....I think I'll just go surf to....forever. HOORAY this country going in the poo can