Sponge off!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Zeroevol, Mar 24, 2015.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Fargin c-nts.

2. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Sheit when you coming back to back to SL..
    Marine can produce a nice boog wave..How do I know this you ax..
    Cause I been there nagger
    Hey how aboutz Big Rock..We'd be watching the Shart Hunters Death..

3. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Good luck getting a wave a BR. place is always packed with 20 guys sitting right on top of the rock. Very entertaining to watch. Probably the best wave in LJ..

I never surfed marine, but a few swells outter rockpiles breaks and you can finish with a real fat closeout at marine.

Dont think im coming back to the east anytime soon - Time to quit this sh it job and stay with my brother in indo for a while... how long you think $20K would last out there?

4. JawnDoeski

Aug 11, 2014
    East Indo...4 years tops
    Everywhere else probably 8 or 10 if you really pinch those pennies..
    I got set waves at BR with like 10 guys out..mostly boogz..
    My sesh ended with a super sick face slam against the ledge...
    Hey you know I might be out there in June..link up with some niggaz and go to baha

5. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    You guys surf Big Rock?

Do you guys know David Eggers, America's greatest amateur surfer...ever. Base-head extroadinaire. Shoot, I spelled that incorrectly.

My mom had sex with Joe Roper on his knees. Wow, where that name come from? Man, I spent too much of my teen years reading surf mags. I really did. I also used to wack at it. Hey, where's the girls been lately?

6. epictetus

epictetus Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Swell on the forecast for S-facing RI beaches Saturday... how about we hold the sponge off at Ruggles? I'm sure the locals won't mind

7. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    u ever see that video of the kid in the water sitting on his surfboard when a fish or something bumps him and he looses his shyt?that's how I picture the shartter.it wasn't him he wasn't on a red sponge,maybe his brother.

u got my money on u seldom.we need yankee to fund the contest and salt lyfe to sponsor.and whatever happened to dawnpatrol and emasspicoli?

8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Right here duder

9. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    So pitted.jpg

We shoulda done it saturday

10. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Hey are those waves? In Rhode Island?

I'll be darned, I thought you guys only got waves from angry hurricanes and SW summer winds. And, of course, the 3rd of every month. Everybody has their welfare checks by then.

11. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Riley man twas teets up here saturday. I hit you back soon via other channel.

12. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Dude, that photo is Shopped by Metard ain't it?

Sort of similar down here on Saturday, in my area at least. A bit more dumpy and thumpy, but that's New Jersey for you. We are dumpy and thumpy here.

All that really matters is that North Jersey sucked. Though I saw a photo from David Dowd, of the Jersey Dowds, on Friday that was looking pretty spiffy.

Axctually, I got some decent lerftovers on Sunday. Bright sky and the major crowd of 6 people that was out on Saturday was absent. I like to talk to myself out there. 2-3' and got sort of interesting as the tide approached full time status towards the shore because of the moons. Yeah, so all y'all tuck into that one.

And no matter if North Jersey was good on Friday, I was still out on Friday getting the close-out bowls because of waves and sand bottoms, with clouds and happiness. Yeah, I was high but so was Marion Barry and he was mayor. I'm not mayor though I did play Mayor McCheeseburger once in the 70's.

13. JawnDoeski

Aug 11, 2014
    Norf was decent at most on Friday Riley..once the tide came in aboutz half away it faded...I didn't have time to head your way..prior obligations I forgot aboutz...ended at LBI Saturday morning which was actually better then Norf Jerz Friday..Looks like there's gonna be some little nuggetz out there this evening...breaking out of work now and headed to the Norf...

14. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    OMG that looks so fvcking perfect.

15. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Thanks KR, it really was one of those days when it all comes together. Watching these perfect peaks roll in I felt priveleged and honoured to be out there.

I gotta say too, I don't usually brag about my spot, but it really is a sponge/skilled stand up wave and it was f'n throwing that day. Some poor dude broke his leg somehow, day before his board got snapped. Woulda been perfect for the sponge-off.

16. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    That is a great pic Seldom, thanks for sharing that lil'bit'o heaven

17. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
  18. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
  19. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
  20. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Absolutely love shore break and shallow stuff. You could say that I really enjoyed my time at OCMD.