I'm a Boardaholic

Discussion in 'Surfboards and Surfboard Design' started by frost, Mar 31, 2015.

1. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    ?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

3. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    haha.... The terms funboard and hybrid didn't exist back in the 1980s when that thing was shaped. It would have been called a seven foot board. And it seemed like every board was three inches thick whether it was a 5'10" or 7'0". Thick all the way out to the rail, with down rails.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  4. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
  5. illuminite

illuminite Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2014
    not a fun board... looks like a wannabe retro shortboard to me like around the 90's. pretty rad man good find.

6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Frost you stood up on a wave yet dude? Please say yes...

7. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Hi Frost! Ha. I wouldn't even ride that, I would clean it up and hang it in the man cave! Great find for $40!!

And, what DawnP said, have you stood up yet?

8. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    frost. Dude. You buy more boards then all of us and some how manage to find $40 boards lol

Add it to the collection.

Seriously that's an 80 to 90s board. Kinda looks a little gunny if you ask me... It would be easier to ride then a modern shortboard... But not easy enough for you to ride yet. Maybe in a year or so, it would be a good step after getting comfortable riding a longboard or big red...

For $40 I guess it's worth it, that's cheap. Good board to learn some ding repair on!

9. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Yea frost did you stand up yet? Did you paddle out yet with big red?

10. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Lining it up now cold front swept through this weekend delayed and spring suite wearing was frost and freeze here sat...but good to go now...checking wave height forecast ...tides I prefer Iop at dead low then incoming full high tide gets really soupy imo...... after 4 pm Tomm am off til Monday so clear Iop cuz I'll be out there...plan is as follows
    Tomm aftnoon big red hits water with forecasted small waves plan is to practice paddling in ...out ...in etc getting comfortable on it if comfort level checks I plan to proceed to pop up maybe knee first a few times to make sure I have the boards sweet spot
    Thurs off all day ...maybe a two day session ...one fun bodyboarding getting my wave timing down again ...and more practice with red etc
    Friday same
    Sat same
    Sun same
    The above board just landed on me ...hope to step down To it in the future

11. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    You will know when I do stand beleive me

12. numbone

numbone Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I looked closely at the pic with shapers name,it has biblical passages on it- the right thing to do would be donate it to the fruitcake guy , haha just kidding. that's a pretty rad old board for a bigger,older dude for sure.i miss the days when good fins came glassed on , mandatory

13. numbone

Dec 29, 2012
    absolutely, try it out asap

14. numbone

Dec 29, 2012
    plus you'll have the lord on your side- as mick jagger said"i was so pleased to be informed of this,that I ran 20 red lights in his honor, thank you jesus,thank you lord"-

15. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Frost,

Stay off yer knees!!! bad habit. Practice popping up on land. You are better off staying on your belly and trying to steer the board to get a feel for waves. Much like a d!ck dragger, errr I mean body boarder.. Sorry Seldom and company.
    You have a really elaborate plan. I'm serious about next question. Are you obsessive compulsive? Have a great surf weekend!

16. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I don't have any kids, but I can understand how a father would feel the first time he sees his son or daughter stand up for the first time. I think this is how we all are with Frost! HA HA Except Frost can buy us beer for guiding him!

17. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Frost maybe you're a kneelo at heart.

Fate determines such things.

18. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    beer is always good and even better on deck of the windjammer down here...

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

frost- a boardaholic??
    Yes, join BA, Boards Anonymous.

"Hi, I am Frost, and i love fiberglass"

20. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    There's one that lurks the gansett area. Only time I've seen him is in big winter swells, usually at town beach. Dude charges.