Wetsuit Allergy- Anyone else out there?? Please help

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Falz24, May 22, 2015.

1. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Don't have to--I stole yours. <grin>

2. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Yes been to France x2 surf treks. Going again this year. It's really, really good on all fronts: food & wine (obviously), the waves, the climate. There is a surfing beach culture in the Biarritz-Hossegor region that is much like SoCal. Tommy Curren re-located to France for some pretty good reasons, right...?

I go to Hossegor. Surf there & places like Cap Breton, Le Nord, Biarritz, others. Go south 45 mins (easy drive on highway) to Hendaye when Hossegor beach breaks are insane & huge.

September is a fantastic month to go. Not so much rain & gorgeous air temps. You'll need only a 3/2. Fly into Paris & then connect to BOD, then 2 hour drive to Hossegor. Plenty of quality hotels at reasonable prices & lodging options. Try the Mercedes Hotel in Hossegor: walk to town & the beach for great restaurants, shopping (wife option), peace & quiet.

Spend a day, or more, in the old city of San Sebastian, Spain. About an hour drive on the highway from Hossegor & no hassle at all border crossing from France to Spain. Check out Pukas surf shop in San Sebastian. Bring back a high quality board, they are inexpensive & well-made.

If the USD keeps pounding away at the Euro, then this is the year to go from a cost perspective.

If I were a young buck, there's no question that I'd live in Hossegor or thereabouts for at least part of the year. And, yeah, the waves are that good too!

Last edited: May 24, 2015

3. Falz24

Falz24 Member

May 22, 2015
    Yeah with long winded rants about the environment. Give yourself a pat on the back, your babbling totally saved a baby seal today

4. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Dood.
    Barry might be a Kranky bastid but he's OUR kranky bastid. You showing up here with post #6 & ripping on the Cuda, not cool sparky. Maybe seek your medical advice over on MSW from the Brits.

5. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Just recalled the name of the spot--Belhara. I am told that it is a "soft" wave, i.e., it is not a real "top to bottom" break. That means it is do-able even for guys like me. But NOT when it is insanely large; I would then take a rain check.
    Thanks for the tips on surfing France. My wife wants to return; we have been to Europe several times. but not for surfing purposes (except once to Portugal). I will have to put this on next years calendar, as we are moving in August. I think Belhara is more of a winter wave, but I would have to look it up, but I see no reason why Sept/Oct wouldn't be as good, given the hurricane season is peaking.

Falz24-welcome aboard. Sorry about the parasitic nature of surf forums. You are now free to move about the cabin! Buh bye.

Sincerely

o bastid barry

6. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Not a chance in fukin hell. You obviously don't know this place very well. Rub some preparation H on that sh!t quit being a puss and move on.

7. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    That's some fine work Gaff. Keeping it real and holding it down, this is how you regulate.

8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I've struggled with bouts of Acute Contact Dermatitis. See my related threade.

It's probly not the wetsuite, it's probly your hymen.

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

LOL!!!!!! Laugh for the week!!! thanx
    Good one.

10. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Aww shucks thanks Barry.

I love you too. <grin>

11. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Someone got the herp

12. TheColeEdelstein

TheColeEdelstein Active Member

Dec 30, 2014
    I have the same issue. Whenever i use my O'Neal wetsuit or any rash guard i get terrible rashes under my arms and around my neck. I don't know if buying a different wetsuit solves this issue.

13. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    You should make a thread about it

14. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    O'Kneel*

*Kidrock

*senf from my Jitterbug

15. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
  16. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
  17. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    senf

18. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    That's that new sh!t dawg:cool:

19. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Holy crap the responses to this dude are going HOF for sure! Bravo guys.