Lunada Bay

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by seldom seen, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    that isnt nothing come to hilton head island sc. we are so lokal we invented lokalizm in the south. we break people surfboards then use from for firewood for beach fires. one time some dudes car got towed into the river mouth and sank. the guy never came to hhi again. ive seen people get pissed at non locals and pull out pistols. be careful where yall tread, its like trenton,nj on the water here.

2. live aloha

live aloha Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Lunada Bay kooks

Aloha all,

I just watched that Lunada Bay video (http://www.theinertia.com/surf/hidden-camera-footage-lunada-bay-surfers-welcome-visitors/) and was so annoyed by the police dept. lack of response that I took it upon myself to write a letter to Marcelle McCullough, Community Relations Officer and complain about their horrendous display of kook-ness.

Here's the email. Feel free to join the fun: mmccullough@pvestates.org

I wasn't so much annoyed by the kook biotches as I was by the PD's refusal to do anything about it. Maybe that's just me.

Mahalo.

3. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Hey weren't you WBSURFER or something like that?

Glad to see you get involved.

I don't know, there's has to be some little enclaves left for people to cling on to....

Let them have the place. If they didn't throw rocks, being in LA County, the place would be ruined.

4. ocsurf32

ocsurf32 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Lifes too short. don't care how good or bad you are at surfing just enjoy. These people are clowns

5. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    This has been going on at this spot since the early 60's. Those people are filthy stinking rich, and powerful. The cops won't be able to do anything...they'd lose their jobs. Trying to beat those guys would be like trying to beat the military or the government.

6. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    nobody owns the fugging ocean! they would need some of that $$ to repair their faces! shat like this really pisses me off! id pick them off one by one! fugg them!

7. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    If you paddle out and act like a$$hole, I can see getting some flack. But if you paddle out and give people respect and they still give you some flack, fugg'em!!!

8. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    there are lots of places in this world where you cant just show up and everyone will love you and there will be rainbows and free cookies.

try posting up at the corner store in the local ghetto. try to randomly go to a bonfire party in the sticks. hell, i got run out of hialeah, fl for not speaking spanish at a bank.

it warms my heart to know that surfers still have some fvcking balls.

9. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Exactly! Everyone thinks surfing in life should be roses and they expect to get everything they want growing up these days. Wow, you can't have something or surf somewhere, tough ****. Life isn't fair. Just find another spot. Good to see a great spot with some regulation and not overrun by SUPs and kooks.

10. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Maybe this should be posted in the why not move to Cali tread.

If you're rich enough you could hire some muscle to paddle out with you I guess.

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I wasn't going to waste my time viewing another useless video, until I saw liam post this above. I agree with liam--you cannot have everything on demand. Those guys are "defending" their surf turf . That is nice. Having said that, were it me, I would get about 100 mean, hate-spitting surfers, and go kick those locals asses. Normally, as an "old guy", I agree they are doing the right thing defending their spot, but it also is the right thing for al very large group of assholes to go and teach them a lesson.
    Now, knowing that ALL of you are assholes (me too), who wants to go?? Of course, I have no idea where Lunada Bay is, other than on the west coast. It sure would be nice to put it on the map some Sunday when there is a nice swell running, huh? CNN news flash: Surfers brawl at Lunada Bay!! hahahaha!! Im bored--can you tell?

12. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I'll paddle out with ya Barry, but i have $hit to do this weekend, can we go next weekend?

13. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    "you gotta pick and choose like....facebook"

Can't believe he said that LOL

14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Next weekend is fine. We will be Lunada Crusaders.....that will piss off any surfing muslims as well!!

15. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Yes, I like regulation in lineups especially when non-local kooks who can't even do a proper bottom turn come to a spot and paddle to the peak. That deserves a punch to the face. Now, on the other hand if these guys are rich assholes who think they own the ocean, they I do hope someone beats their ass. Nothing like rich trust fun babies who think they are tough.

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Well said!!

17. live aloha

Oct 4, 2009
    I'll post a flag with a pic of muhammed on my truck antenna haha. :p

jk, pretty funny image though.

18. live aloha

Oct 4, 2009
    Nah, I've always been 'live aloha', just haven't posted much lately...too busy chasing the kids and exploring the great PNW.

I agree that it's good there are some "enclaves" left, but in my opinion it's much better when the atmosphere comes out of true ownership in the sense of "We take care of this place" as opposed to "We are grown men acting like 12 yr olds". It is pretty pathetic to see these guys spending their lives in that way, but I digress...I've surfed plenty of spots run by the locals. Heck, I was a haole on the North Shore for two years. What I learned is that putting in your time means sitting wide, taking the scraps and any closeout set that comes your way. If you do this for a while, any 'local' that actually deserves the title will call you into some set waves. It's funny that you always hear about people being jerks in Hawaii, but I experienced far more hospitality there than anywhere on the east coast or California. Meanwhile, in the PNW, paddling out you get the "Oh, thanks for showing up! You just lowered my odds of getting eaten by a big carnivore because there's a 50/50 shot he'll go after you instead of me!"

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

just make sure the picture of the prophet is upside down as if he is being waterboarded.

20. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Barry you surf that bread place on rocks?