9/12

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by seldom seen, Jul 13, 2015.

1. jettyface

jettyface Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Typical liberal BS.

2. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014

3. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I have to disagree about illegal immigration. The illegals have such high numbers it forced more people including low wage American workers to compete for same jobs. This drove the wages down a lot. Otherwise the wages wouldn't be as low now and unemployment wouldn't be so high. Now these low wage workers are collecting government subsidies directly as a result of illegals and these illegals are also collecting subsidies. It's a double dip now when there was no dip before. The wages should be higher but illegals forced them low. It's tough to compete with people sharing a room with 10 other people splitting rent and they are violating code occupany laws. This also drives rent up because landlords can charge more especially when 10 illegals are splitting rent.

Several cases and studies have been done an economic impact. Many resources alone in the US would be replenished along with the increase of wages and lower rental prices. This is if illegals just weren't here. You also have to look at citizens tax dollars paying for anchor babies and our insurance giving them free healthcare not to mention footing the prison bill for their violent criminals. All for people who have no right legally to be here and are breaking federal law every day they are here. Damn you can't even find any carpenter unions anymore in most states. Wages have been supressed so much by illegals that has killed our low wage workers and caused govt assistance to skyrocket.

Agriculture and farming will be fine. There just has to be adjustments. You can change unemployment for low wages workers to accept these jobs as slightly higher wages. Too bad for the farms because shame on them for breaking the law and higher illegals. You now have to pay a fair wage and not slave labor wages. If they fail. so be it. You can grown your own food or have it imported from Mexico where illegals have returned for farm work there.

4. jettyface

jettyface Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    More typical liberal BS. Turn on some real news some time. Hannity will set you straight.

5. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Frost, this gets to the core. I am 1/32nd native American (at most). I have always felt sick about the way this nation has evolved. That is a time that is so despicable.

I love life but wish I could have lived during the time the natives were chilling in the TP!

6. GODSxMOONBEAN

GODSxMOONBEAN Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Bernie Sanders though....;)

7. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    My great grandmother was full bloodied Cherokee not sure what % that makes me.. Was a very dark time overall how they were treated imo .. But is typical sometimes we as a country don't look in the mirror and really ask is this the right thing to do... Driven usually by greed or some type of moral high ground through false justification we have just taken what we want whenever we have wanted it.., invaded whatever country we happen to pick out of the hat.. Send drones wherever we want.. Set up puppet govts in other countries that fronts for global corporations on and on and on. And yet some people are amazed when other countries "don't like us" all actions eventually have a reaction(Iran hostages in 70s was fueled by our puppet govt we set up years before, Isis was born out of the Sunnis being wiped off iraqs leadership,what will be next?)as far as illegals today goes I dunno there's many things that can be done noones really doing anything though....

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  8. The Lonesome Tractor

The Lonesome Tractor Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Well if your grandmother was 100% and your grandfather was 0% your father or mother would have been 50%. If you father or mother was 50% and your other parent (gotta have two to tango) was 0% that would make you 25%.

I am actually 1/32nd Cherokee (my grandmother was 1/8th cherokee). But I used to drive a Jeep Cherokee so I say I am more like 1/16th Cherokee.

9. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Force and Might rules. Us Whities were able to take this land from the Red Men via force and one day if the numbers become large enough the Brown Men from Mexico (and other such lands) wll be able to take the USA from the Whities. It's the nature of the world. The system will continue to function just as it has for thousdands of years and no amount of debate on the intraweb will change a damn thing.

10. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Yeah Frost! That's Geronimo methinks. One of the last to hold on.

Support the Apache, as the Feds are currently trying to use sacred land on their res to mine uranium.

I'm Ben, and I'm 1/16 Cherokee.

The native people of this continent were the last to hold on to the true human way. Still a few left in the Amazon.

11. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Oh and PS I'm not saying I agree with the way I said it is. Just saying how it has gone for many, many, many years.

12. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    Yes, Indians lived the right way(off the land) and saw everything on the Earth as a gift. Even stars in the sky and buffalo had sacred meaning. I have Sioux blood in me. I think I'm 1/3 but probably less. My great grandmother and grandfather were Sioux. I thought that made me 1/3 but maybe 1/4 or 1/6. I don't know. I always remember my grandfather telling me he actually preferred to be called by his tribe/nation name compared to Native American. Americans invented the word Native American for American history to try and make people forget the past. Nation names are important because Indians think of these nations the same way we think of countries if that makes sense.

My family including my grandfather was always against illegal immigration. His nation/tribe suffered and America was born. He didn't agree with how his land was taken but also didn't agree with illegal coming into the country especially after many diseases have been eradicated. Also, the tribe nations on the border have always had a problem with violent crimes committed by illegals. To top it all off, many illegals claim "Native American status" when they aren't even Indian. That pissed him off the most.

13. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
  14. The Lonesome Tractor

Feb 13, 2012
    well assuming that your great grandmother and great grandfather were 100% would make either your grandmother or grandfather 100% sioux which would make your father or mother (depending whose side its on) 50% sioux which would make you 1/4 sioux.

welcome

i know people fractions are tough.

15. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I'm 100% cotton.

16. The Lonesome Tractor

Feb 13, 2012
    Where was your cotton grown Towelie?

17. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    How should I know, you gotta ask tynacorp.

As a general education question:

Cotton is grown in 17 states stretching across the southern half of the United States: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

18. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    someone grows cotton in New mexico? wtf

19. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    His cotton was probably picked by some illegals. Just sayin'.