Will there be waves during memorial weekend?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by djkmais, May 17, 2009.

1. djkmais

djkmais Member

Aug 21, 2008
    What is the best spot in Orange City, MD?

Will there be waves during Memorial Day Weekend?

Thx.

DjKmais

2. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Hopefully, you meant Ocean City.

And, really you will need to check the forecasts a week in advance to assemble any kind of hope. And even then, you will need to hop online daily to keep up on the swell, if there is one. You have about a 20% chance of some fun waves if you are there for a week or so. And that means for a day or two of surf.

Last summer, I went in the first week in june, and the forecast said there would be head high to 6 foot surf for 3 days while I was there. And every day leading up to it the forecast dropped and dropped and I ended up getting 2 foot surf one day, and a couple rouge 3 foot sets the next day, but I had to wait and hunt for them....

But, to give you hope, the year before that, I scored 4 foot windswell for 2 straight days. Got some barrels on 48th street. Super fun... but its a crap shoot.

3. smack da lip whaaapaaa

smack da lip whaaapaaa Well-Known Member

May 10, 2008

I hear that every single Memorial Day Weekend, for the past 6 years, Orange City has been absolutely firing. I'll see you out there.

4. DPR

DPR Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2008
    dont go to 48th, its too crowded and is crap sandbar wise. not a lot of people know this but 65th and 110th street have been going off lately. 65th is kinda more of a beginers wave though

5. jk06385

jk06385 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2008
    ahhhhahahaha i cant figure out if any of you are actually serious.

6. rustysrfr

rustysrfr Well-Known Member

May 29, 2007
    djkmais- location: OHIO

enough said.

7. surfswell

surfswell Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    The best spot in ocean city md is 110 st or 65th, i dont know how that got good but they did, and there really good now everywhere else sux compared to them.
    I always support beginers so i thought id let u in on the secret

8. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Anywhere in ocean city can be fun. North oc is generally less crowded. A little early to give a call on the forecast, just have to keep an eye on it.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  9. djkmais

djkmais Member

Aug 21, 2008
    That was the worst typo ever. I really meant Ocean City, MD.
    Thanks all for the replies.

I know Ohio doesn't have waves. I recently just moved here for 3 years and then will be back to the coast.

I'll check 65th or 110 st!

Hopefully there will be pictures to post after.

Take care

Djkmais

10. 1234austin

1234austin Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2008
    your joking right?...please for all of the peoples sake who surf ocmd...please, tell me your trying to be funny

11. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Dj, in general people don't want to discuss spots on a public forum. But, really anywhere in oc can be good. North town, mid town, and south oc all break a little differently. Do yourself a favor and search around a bit - you'll learn better how things are working. And really sand bars change all the time, so you could find yourself a nice peak to yourself. Don't forget that surfing beaches go I to effect memorial day weekend and last all summer. This means you have to surf at the designated beAches during lifeguard hours.

Have fun.

12. elsurfo10

elsurfo10 Active Member

Nov 19, 2007
    chances are itll be flat so you might as well stay home and surf a lake or pond

13. Chris Joyner

Chris Joyner Moderator

May 23, 2006
    Stocking up the propane now. 4 day grill-a-thon...

14. surfswell

surfswell Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Thank god theyve been extra asshole like latley with stealing every wave even though im in a better spot.

15. quiksilver1231

quiksilver1231 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    you know what... surfing sucks dont try it really its not that fun