Long Island Surf Park

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Long Island Surf Park, Aug 10, 2015.

1. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    6ft wave New Jerseyian, Hawaiin, Puerto Rican...Theres a difference

Hey listen I axed you a question if you know what I be sayin'

2. NJ glide

NJ glide Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    This place would be ok, all the douchiest of the douche canoes would go there instead of bothering the rest of us in the real ocean. I hope it works out. You should change the name to the douche canoe riviera or club tea bag recipient.

3. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    A dumb idea from a bunch of Lacross pansies.

Next.

4. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    i'll join. take a check?

5. jimmyg

jimmyg Member

Jan 21, 2010
    "The Pool Will Be Outside, Open All Year Round And Heated All Year To An Average Temperature Of 65 Degrees."

Why outside all year round? Long Island gets cold in the winter time..What do you wear in 65 degree weather with sub-zero air temps..

6. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I'm gonna make a prediction about Long Island Surf Park... It will never happen

7. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    One question.
    Will you be able to sell your membership like PSL seats at sports arenas? If not, then you guys should be wearing masks.

8. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    A hooded spring suite

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  9. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Are you a subsidiary of Physix?

10. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Will the pro shop have suites for realy short women?

What is the best board to surf in a 7.5' barreling wave on a 65 degree day?

11. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    There are some rich people up in that area that I could see wanting to check surfing off their stupid bucket list. This actually might have a chance. Once thing however is to avoid posting it on a surf forum, these are not your people. Try thurstonhowell.com, beerbellygolfers.com, and boredminivandrivingmoms.com

12. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    look at the web site. its obviously a scam. someone wasted good $$ on that domain name, and they're hoping for one big fish to bite and pay for it all.

13. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    before I read all the hilarious comments,im going to tell u why this is going to fail.
    #1.its long island!!!key word "island."theres waves.waves everywhere.waves everywhere for free.why the fuk would u pay,its like having a 4 ft above swimming pool on the other side of the dunes.do u want to wade around or do u want to swim.
    #2.people in long island are rich.if they wanted a wave pool they would have it by now.
    #3.lets say this idea does work.every surfer on long island,which is probably atleast 30,000 strong,are going to swarm ur pool and want memberships.can u provide memberships for 30k surfers?ok ur going to charge extra.li people got extra doe.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok heres what I would do.build it in upstate new York or Pennsylvania where they don't have a beach,so instead of driving 4.5 hrs to go surf,they can go drive a half hour and surf for whatever price.it doesn't make sense to have a wave pool 10 minutes from the beach.they can open up a world class surf pool(which doesn't exist) in my town,and I will happily drive an extra 10 minutes to the beach.

14. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Maybe you should set up a Slip n Slide doused in piss. You'd make more money, and you could charge extra for the turd slide special.
    You can call it Long Island Squirt Park.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  15. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Domains are actually cheap and any dodo can afford one. I should know, I currently own 10 of them.

16. Blair

Blair Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Towlie just went ham. Funniest forum ive seen. Thanks Long Island dbags you crack me the f up.

17. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    not all peeps from Long Island are rich.

18. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    not all peeps from Long Island are rich.

19. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  20. SUBLIME06

SUBLIME06 Member

Nov 1, 2012
    I never post on here, but this has drawn me out of the swellinfo wood work. First of all you are offering up selling points on things that you will never be able to deliver on. You are stating that you will use either wave garden technology or a larger style typhoon lagoon platform. Then you state that you will be able to produce a wave that is not even acheiveable on either platform. 7.5 foot and barreling wave every 15 seconds. By your web site you understand that the wave garden can only produce a 6 foot wave and when the system is pushed to the max they must allow time for the agitated water created after a pass to settle (almost an entire minute). How are your investors/Members going to react when the only barreling wave that you can come up with is 2.5ft. Maybe its not gonna matter because you will have all their money and be surfing real waves in the maldives. Also with your rates some one so inclined could fly to spain and surf the wave garden for a two weeks and still have money left over to travel to Mundaka score for a day or so and then go home with change to tip the valet.