An Idea

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Catalyzed, May 24, 2009.

1. Catalyzed

Catalyzed New Member

May 24, 2009
    I don't know if it's already done and I suck at googling. But, wouldn't it be nice to have an application that would let you know when the surf is good in your area? I find it tedious checking websites daily. I just want something to pop up and tell me its time to surf. Maybe Im just lazy.

2. tex4dub

tex4dub Member

May 21, 2009
    ya thats pretty lazy, cause all you got to do is check gtownsurf.com bout ten every morning. just a couple clicks and if you cant do that oh well,

3. Longboard Loco

Longboard Loco Well-Known Member

May 29, 2008
    Yeah... or just go to www.texassurftv.com and check Channel 4... it has the forecasts from all over Texas (courtesy of swellinfo widgets) as well as some interactive weather maps and stuff...

4. shambala14

shambala14 Member

May 12, 2008
    There is a Firefox add-on that puts an icon on your status bar that when you rollover it shows thumbnails of up to five webcams, then when you roll over each one it shows the image at the size you have set it to. I have the surfhouse cam for galveston and octagon, as well as the hi-res gorda cam, the port-a cam and the south padre surf cam. It is a little tricky getting the right url on some of them, but you need to find a way to get the url of the image itself, not the website or web page. I think I had to do a google image search for 'new gorda cam hi res' or something like that in order to get the proper url. The others just right click -> copy image location.