is it even worth owning a board in the northeast?

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by meatloaf, Aug 29, 2015.

1. meatloaf

meatloaf Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    is it even worth owning a board in the northeast? from florida and lived in ca till 09' then moved to ct/ri. lol [[[[[[[[i mean **** you guys literally get waves 3 times a year!!!! and even then is **** currents bad lines never seen a barrel and thats the ****ing winter. useless :cool:

2. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008

3. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Only thing left to do is pack your sh1tt and GTFO.
    Leave whatever boards you own on the local beach.

4. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Def not worth it, this place sucks

5. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I consider this tread an infraction of the rules... Ban this monkey for at least half a century.

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yup, not worth it. Give up surfing and take up extreme knitting. That will be your perfect match activity wise.

7. 3rdperson

3rdperson Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2014
    yawn

8. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I hear kite "surfing" is really cool...you could go hang yourself from a kite.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  9. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
  10. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Shoulda been here yesterday...

Obviously you have never surfed, seen or been to the best break in the continental U.S.

#belmar
    #saltlife (that ones for you)

11. Mattyb

Mattyb Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    It's the summer guy. Get a five mil and get ready for fall And winter. If it still sucks it will be the first time in several years it hasn't produced fun swells. If that happens you're some kind of jinx and I'd politely ask you to move back to CA.

12. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Florida gets way more barrels man you made the wrong call.

13. numbone

numbone Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    personally,i sadly agree right now.i think this has been one of the worst years evr in my 30yrs surfing on the east coast.east swells and dredging don't do us any favors.im holding out hope it gets better

14. The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII

The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    When the cold sets in and turns yer nips inta diamond cutters and your life aquatic 13:5 suite affords you the flexibility of the effing David, then you'll get pitted. On rare occasion (Cristobal) you can catch stand up barrels in trunks but thats an anomaly.

But we also have the most dunking donuts, the hottest women (Worcester MA girls know how to throw down and hoe down), the best traffic, and who want to spend $1000 a year cooling their house when you can spend $4000 a year heating it and shoveling snow off your roof? But someday, you'll die, so theres that....

I leave on New England on Thursday... I'll be back, maybe...

15. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Definitely not worth owning a board. You're white trash from FLA but your parents are from Boston? What is it, spawning season? Fight your instincts to return to your ancestral home, stay in your trailer park in Kissimmee & poseur it up off Cocoa or Souf Beach, asshat.

16. The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII

The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    bam

17. titsandpits

titsandpits Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    bro u shoula been out there 20 minutes ago!!!!!!!!! it was firing!!! u shoulda seen it i was so bradpitted

18. toofun

toofun Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2015
    HA HA I saw all of those comments coming... Yea surfing here is like skiing here.. if you can do it here you can do it anywhere. This has been a really bad summer for sure... but you do get some nice waves here and there. Fall, winter and early spring have some great waves.. just gotta bear the cold and get in there. Never gonna be as good as where you came from, but when you live here, to take what you can get. Kinda like a person who comes to the northeast to ski from Utah, or Colorado.... If I lived in California, Florida, Hawaii, or Costa Rica I would have to be a beach bum or hit the lottery cause I dont think I could stay away from the waves everyday... so for my families well being Im glad it sucks here.. :cool:

19. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Keep your NSP, and go to Arizona. I heard they have a sick wave pool. All of the photos you've seen of NJ this summer are actually a lie, they were taken in CA.

20. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    This dude just put Florida on the same pedestal as HI CA and Costa...Florida sucks you can ax the florida swelied dawg

New Jerseyian wave best on East Coast...bet