A SUP Sticker Making the Rounds

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by rodndtube, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Westy

Westy Active Member

Aug 4, 2008
    I left PR the week before, but you were probably out with a buddy of mine who surfed Tres that morning. He said the wind started to switch by 11am and everybody left. The SUP guys, from what I gather, went out in the early afternoon like 1pm or 2pm... you would think an empty lineup would serve as a warning. ...did you hear about the couple that went SUPing at Crash Boat and got swept out to Desecheo?

2. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Yep soft top SUPs sucked to Desecheo...hey Frost see what happens to irresponsible peoples in the ocean

There were hardly any peoples who were "out in the line up" that day..it was maxed out...only dudes surfing at all in Rincon had skis rescuing them when they took diggers on the inside

I ended up heading north that day to try to tackle a more manageable gas chambers el spongo

Was having post session drinks back Rincon when they found the body

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015

3. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    There is always exceptions, maybe a random SUPer who gets it, but most are either too unskilled and inexperienced to be out in any type of lineup with waves over waist high. And the ones that are skilled are unaware douchebags who hog and ruin the best waves of the sets. And then there are the self righteous jackbags who post on this surf predictin site that they own the damn ocean. Try that act out at Pumphouse, and see if anyone is too scairt to regulate your lame a$$ down the beach.

4. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    **** man I'll go to pumphouse every day of the year if no it only breaks three times try to regulate my ass you might get stabbed with a dive knife or shot with a shotgun I got a gun rack on this mother****er don't **** around my hood white boys

5. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    k

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  6. numbone

numbone Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    ec sponger, u get star for your retaliation comments,well put kid

7. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    ^+1
    I blame the people that rent out SUPs to tourons who have no clue how to act in the water. This is becoming common place at most beaches. I get paddling around in the creeks or the ocean but surfing one makes no sense to me. I have surfed with a couple SUPers that were not d*cks but that seems to be an exception rather than the rule.

8. RonSwanson

RonSwanson Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Not really into the SUP just grabbed one because the deal was to good to miss. If you can surf you should, If your considerate of surfers you can take your boat out, I guess. Any way this motivated me to go SUP around the beach…we really need waves...