Transition from longboard to shortboard

Discussion in 'California North' started by danolee, Sep 7, 2015.

1. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Seoul Surfer? lolz You might could find a cheap used board and try it out before dishing out big money. I would think Cali would have lots of used boards? Anybody know?

2. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Fish. Or anything bigger- near 7ft with a lot of beef and width. Not too pointy in the nose and tail.

Check out the surftechs for good durability - plus they are designs from real shapers. Check out something like the rusty piranha - they have a model with a 5 fin set up (either a 3 fin thruster or a 4 fin quad).

3. danolee

danolee Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I am not looking at McCallum this time since I need a sturdy one to carry on a bus and BART.

I wish I could get one. Do you know where I can get one? Even though I won't be able to ride it in US, I really want to buy one.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely visit there.

4. danolee

danolee Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I ended up with too many options now. I blame you!! haha. Indeed, there are so many good shapers here. ;)

5. danolee

danolee Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I checked the craigslist but nothing really appealed me so far. I will keep trying. :)

6. danolee

danolee Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Thanks. I will check them out.

7. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    see what i mean quality does matter.

8. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    im 5'11 and 195lbs.I have a beer belly developing,and I don't drink that much.so how can I get down to 150lbs?more pizza and nachos?

9. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013

This is good stuff! Try doing burpees. Your pop ups will get lots easier and faster

10. danolee

danolee Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Thanks to all your advices, My search ended.
    IMG_0703.jpg
    Jeff McCallum, Bonzer, 6'5 x 20.75 x 2.5

I didn't expect to buy this luxury since items on my list were Lib Tech or GSI 7S. After I read kidrock's post, I googled Jeff's website then went to Jeff's Instagram then I started to talk to his staff. I don't remember what happened afterwards. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thank you all again. Especially I'd like to thank G-Wood117 for giving me the most important question. I will keep thinking about it and hope to find my way in the future.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  11. danolee

danolee Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Let's go surfing together. See ya in da water. :)

12. danolee

danolee Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Can't agree more! Thanks,

13. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Nice board! Take good care of it!!

14. G-Wood117

G-Wood117 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Cheeseandcrackers that is a beautiful board! thanks for the shout out .. between this and your 5'10 and your 9', you will have most of the bases covered .. maybe you will be that rare guy who can ride all types and all styles (or as I like to put it, "Rob Machado").

15. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    You are going to love that board, especially at places like Linda Mar. That board is a work of art. Take good care of it, it will be worth money in the future.

16. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Word!

17. danolee

danolee Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Burp! Burp! ;) I just purchased a yoga mat.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  18. danolee

danolee Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Thanks. I will!

19. danolee

danolee Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I hope not to end up going nowhere on either of them. ;)