Cocoa Beach Area Surf Rental

Discussion in 'East Florida' started by SHREDSLED, Oct 1, 2015.

1. SHREDSLED

SHREDSLED Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Yea so I'm sure this will elicit a bunch of 'go home kook' type responses, which is fair enough, but...

Anyone know of a shop with a decent rental quiver in the general vicinity of Cocoa beach? Meaning they have something besides epoxy pop-out fun boards. It does not have to be Cocoa beach, anywhere within a reasonable driving distance of Tampa. I just looked at a map and picked Cocoa beach because it looked like a direct route and I recognized the name because Kelly Slater. I am fully clueless about surf spots in Florida.

The story is, I am a Long Island guy, I have to go to a wedding in Tampa this weekend, the Saturday report looks great, wedding is for wife's friend I know nobody, and I am going to try to sneak away from the boss for a session. I am flying Delta and its $150 each way to bring a board, not really worth it for a couple hours of waves. Especially since now I need to get a rental car.

Help a guy out, I swear I won't drop in on you. Thanks.

2. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    go home kook

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I haven't rented a board or even looked for one there but a few places to check would be Ron Jon, Cocoa Beach Surf Company right next door, Quiet Flight in downtown Cocoa, and Longboard House further south in Indiatlantic.

4. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    What DPS said, there is also tents up and down the beach that rent too, its pretty easy there....now get off my wave...lol....just kidding.

5. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    good attitude, but 5-7 ft...waste of time on the grovelers they'll probably have available

6. SHREDSLED

SHREDSLED Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Rad, thanks guys. I will call some of those places tomorrow to see what I can find. Rental car is booked, green light from wifey, trip is a go!

waterbaby, I would shred 5-7ft on a foamie if that's all I had and love it. Those of us over here on the east coast take what we can get.

7. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    cocoa surf co has every type of board. You are a kook but that's ok. Because guess what? It doesn't ****ing matter at all really. Have fun this weekend broseph stalin.

8. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    cocoa beach and canveral is a bunch of white trash, and mix raced couples. the arm pit of florida yall can keep that **** someone nuke it plz.

9. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    My wife is black, but she still loves to watch me surf.

10. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    nice getting them blk gurls!! does she gots a big bootay?

11. bilthy

bilthy Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    neilson in cocoa beach, core surf in canaveral, mtb in indialantic, catalyst in melbourne beach and cocoa beach.

12. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    All kooks must go home, stay home, and never come outside again.