Why does L.B.I. NJ have to suck

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by The dude dude, Oct 8, 2015.

1. The dude dude

The dude dude Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Ive been a local to lbi for awhile and have been surfing for a couple years now and it has always sucked... I don't know if its just me not surfing the right spots but I am amazed when i check a few and there are clean waves anything above 2ft. Does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why there aren't any liners on the island or is that just how most beach brakes go?

2. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    I have no idea what your last sentence means.

Dude, LBI is the greatest place north of Hatteras Island.

3. The dude dude

The dude dude Member

Aug 19, 2015
    "liners" as in lined up waves that don't just have a nice looking crest and die out in two seconds right after you drop in. Also if you think this is the best place north of hatteras your probably one of the people i heard about that likes trump.. scary insane retarded folk.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  4. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Ok well then try South Carolina or Florida.

5. The dude dude

The dude dude Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Going to North Carolina soon, is South Carolina better?

6. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    A Local to LBI..? So you live in Tuckerton?
    You are probably checking the wrong spots. I saw a video from this last swell. A bunch of.. what do you call them..? Liner's? 100 yd lefts

7. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    For you, probably.

If you go to NC, then stay south of Cape Fear. Try Oak Island. Jennell's from there to boot.

8. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    With a hundred people on it, too.

Sad so sad.

Lonely But Intoxicated.........

9. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    But DUDE DUDE have you checked 7-11 in Ship Bottom yet?

10. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    yeah as riley said go to south u fkn dumbass then cry to me aboot waves,

11. 34thStreetSurfing

34thStreetSurfing Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Honestly, I could be 100% incorrect, but I feel like it's due to the islands angle/direction. Generally speaking, NJ gets a lot of southwest swells, and the island is tilted south just enough to where these swells come in straight on. Therefore you get a ton of closeouts. When you start to head to the top spots in NJ, they face more west, and therefore get some awesome right handers.

Again, this is just me speaking to things I've picked up on in the water. . .

12. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Dude, our coast faces east. Some with a northern slant, others with a more southern slant(like the LBI in question).

We don't get SW swells. Well certain spots in Camden on The Delaware do but I don't suggest them spots unless you are a veteran of Detroit.

Sorry, 34, don't mean to be a wise-arse, I dig ya, but........

13. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Ah, perception is everything, huh?

Now LBI sucks.

"Die-out?"

Actually, LBI is more consistent with The Close Out(if they existed...you just have to pump just right and there are no close-outs..? Right?)

Man, I wish LBI had gambling and was a straight-run down Rt 30......

But no, I have to settle for NJ's most mediocre wave.

"How was it?"

"It was ok.."

14. 34thStreetSurfing

Aug 13, 2009
    Yeah I'm on the left coast now, so I'm still caught in the middle... East coast, West coast, !@#$k!

Anyway, that explanation looked pretty legit didn't it? Swell directions, Beach directions. . . Had ya fooled (almost).

15. 34thStreetSurfing

Aug 13, 2009
    Also, to be fair. . . LBI usually does close out, unless you're at one of the two "super secret" spots

16. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    What Holyoke and Wooden Jetty?

The real mean stuff is up in Barnegat Light.

Hey, you out west 34? No shoot. Where's aboot?

17. 34thStreetSurfing

Aug 13, 2009
    Yeah something like that. But I also heard they finished the dredging project in BH. I'm sure their billion dollar investment just got towed out to see with the latest cane.

Yaaaa made it out here aboot three months ago. I posted a "should I stay or should I go" post four or five months ago... Long story short. I went.

I'm posted up in the South Bay Los Angeles area. Basically moved from one mediocre cesspool type beach break, to another. Being driving distance to Ventura County/Orange County isn't too shabby though.

18. The dude dude

The dude dude Member

Aug 19, 2015
    scoby and riley are idiots i actually live here in beach haven and all the spots your talking about are trash you guys must really suck some **** if you think those are the places to be

19. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Yeah I remember that thread. Sorry but I've been away from here for a few months.

Hey the Hermosa pier is better than the Margate Pier.

You join a gang yet?

Ah, I used to live in the 805. Oxnard is awesome. Wear a Cowboy's jersey and scream "Cliques!!"

Well, good luck, 34. You planning on this being permanent or just a spell away from The Garden State?

20. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Well, you are the expert when it comes to "Liners."

Sounds like you from Kansas or somewhere. You know what it is that I be saying?

Ok, if you live in LBI, what is the best Pizza there?

Where do you go dancing(club) in the summer?

Name five streets in Harvey Cedars and what do most of the street names have in common?

Where does Mr. Sniffer live?