are you a arrogrant surfer?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Sandblasters, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    every meet people while your looking at waves and they think your wrong about random sht, for example yeah man saw 5 sharks yesterday...other dude....naw bro probably just tarpon... lol!!! waves look pretty good...other guy naww not good at all bro... or people that are just completely negative and arrogrant. i see it sometimes enough to notice, i just dont understand why so many people have bad attitudes when its firing and are negative as hell. how often do yall run into that? its funny to because those guys never paddle out there will be 20 people out and they just stare and watch and complain about ohhh its closing out to much when the smaller sets arnt closing out just gotta pick right and this only seems to happens when its 6-12 feet never on small days. we need a name for these people, any ideas? surf watcher.... mind riders,

2. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013

3. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    I got a name: Stair trolls. You see em down here on the tops of the stairways in Jupiter that overlook Corners. Old dudes I went to high school with. Haven't seen them paddle out since Halloween Swell 1992. "Dude, just got back from a killer boat trip to blahblahblah." More likely a Typhoon Lagoon kook session fueled by ca cane.

4. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
  5. Sandblasters

May 4, 2013
    i love that and thats it the perfect name stair trolls. i see them a lot in florida but there everywhere. ive ran into them from jax all the way down to palm lol. but you know exactly what im talking about. i think a lot of them are just old an crusty. stair trolls ftw!!!!! hows the surf been down there after the cane it shut down here.

6. Sandblasters

May 4, 2013
    naw we got to be more creative than that have u ran into them?>'?

7. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    Yo Yo SB! It's flat but this weekend its gonna blowup NE onshore victory at sea. Maybe Peanut Island will get waves on Monday. Plus it's a seething ball of mullet, bluefish, tarpon, snook, spinner sharks, and the bulls feeding on the aforementioned buffet. Fall in Florida. Sometimes surfing in a crowd aint so bad.

8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Funny you should ask, I was thinking the same thing this past weekend, always see the same guys, they sit there and complain about conditions and how they would paddle out but.......

They also like to critique everybody in the water while they sit on their asses. They will tell you when it's firing they will be out there, that it's not worth the hassle or effort today, plus they have to do something else anyways.

Same guy next time says he injured himself pulling into a tube last week so he's "taking it easy for a while". Yeah, the same guy that is always on the steps got tubed last week. They also like to inspect everybody's equipment and ask questions about it then tell you how bad ass their new stick is but they are waiting for perfect conditions to take it out.

They probably will ask you "how was it?" as you are walking back to the parking lot, then when you tell them their response is "you should of been here yesterday"...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  9. Sandblasters

May 4, 2013
    ive aways wanted to catch some snook, night time i head down to satillite beach im bring my fishing gear fkn 80 pound tarpon and 4foot sharks 10 feet off the beach im suprised more ppl dont get attcked in central and south florida. but surfers at nsb are like dinner plates ha. theres only a few places ive ever not surfed because of a crowed and they were reef r. but i got out after 40minutes and delray...delray always looks like a fkn zoo but that wave looks so nice. i really want to go to ponce but ill probably go down the beach a little. ill take a peak to myself anyday and catch 10times more aves and not have to wait on anybody other a (premier spot) but hey some times a little victory can be fun and sometimes it can be sobering when its huge victroy go to a jetty or the pier for some shelter.

10. Sandblasters

May 4, 2013
    I was thinking the same thing this past weekend, always see the same guys, they sit there and complain about conditions and how they would paddle out but......

if i had a dollar for every time i herd them say i would paddle out butt... i ask myself do these ppl even surf.

11. Dilly

Dilly Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Yo.

Shut up.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  12. titsandpits

titsandpits Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Ive ran into them, one of them is actually my brother... and i hate their fckin attitude. let it be man i realized they dont get as stoked as I or you do when there is surf. whatever, their loss ill enjoy the waves that much more :)

13. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
  14. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Categorized as "kooks" there everywhere. There's other names but lets not go down that road. Frustration with others...just not healthy, mentally.

15. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    All joking aside- they are all over nj....

It seemed 10 yrs ago when checking the surf- if there was other guy or guys checking it was usually a great conversation- to the point that you would waste a half hour of surf time just talking, even if you didn't know each other!

NOW- you walk up- and the guy who is checking will not even make eye contact - you have to go out of your way to say what's up- he will either talk or complain or give the stink eye. I think it's just the next generation / culture of kids that where raised on video games (cause apparently ode of us are older dudes on this site lol)

Anyways- it's really a bummer- I'm always stoked and having fun- then you look over and the guy next to you is acting like so serious like its a surf contest ... Idk whatever

16. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Id rather see them *****in on the stairs than in the line-up. That guy will sour a sesh real quick. Friggin whiners!

17. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Just surf without judgement... arrogance has many shapes and not allowing arrogance on others is a subtle make wrong, which could be judged as a sophisticated arrogance per se...

18. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I had a buddy of mine tell me how he likes surfing with me because of my stoke level. It doesn't have to be overhead epic to have a good time! Hell, I love getting out there on a 2-3 wind blown crappy day, it's what you make it. Don't get me wrong, we all love epic surf, but I am not going to turn down mediocre surf

19. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    [video=youtube;YwTGGHaCHAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwTGGHaCHAE[/video]

20. grainofsand

grainofsand Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2014
    don't you know, whoever cares less wins. Really think about it. If you do you then does it really matter what anyone else does? Jacktopicswitch: Surfing sells, surfing is one of the most ego-driven "hobbies" that is propagated by marketing puppeteers. So No, there will not be any group surfs, sharing peaks, or etiquette and the only show of community will come at the expense of a paddle-out circle in a memorial and only so they can post selfies that they were there (again ego).