Intro duct

Discussion in 'West Florida' started by Panhandler, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Been using SI for a couple months now and figured it was time to put up a post, but wanted to start with a proper intro. I've seen on a couple threads that there are a few questions that need answering, so I'll get to those as well. I grew up in MD and frequented Assateague, OC, Bethany, Rehoboth, OB, etc. Been in Fl now for about 14 yrs and I've come to much prefer the warm, clear waters of NW Fl. We do get surf here, summer usually sucks +tourists, fall and spring are good, winter is better. Because of the type of waves here, I stick to the big boards, but take out the Rick B fish every now and then. Anything that I can catch a ride on, I don't really care if its kook, just as long as I'm in the water. I'm not great at riding waves, or swimming so I sometimes wear floaties if it gets over 4'. Never had my stuff thrown in the water, the old lady can cook (I'm going to pass on putting a pic of her for some or all of you to "use"), I have a 3/2 dust collector for late Jan, early Feb. Wish I could figure out how to attach a pic of the dog, so maybe later

Attached Files:

2. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Proper hello! Even posted a pic of his biotch!

Welcome to the club you dirty Mother F'er

3. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    That's how it's done! Welcomme!

4. Bruce Springsuite

Bruce Springsuite Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Welcome. Did surf this week? It has been a big mess with a hint of red tide.

5. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Put Panhandler in the SI tutorial section for how to do the properr intro.

So, how is the surf in Jax & Georgia? Is there surf in Georgia? Or does Georgia have only waynetheinsaaaaane cruising with the theme from Deliverance blasting from his windowless white van of duct tape & doom.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  6. Panhandler

Oct 27, 2015
    I did actually, Sun was the best conditions of the week in Destin. Mon was big and choppy, so I decided to give it a shot. I tried to keep count of duck dives paddling to the sand bar but list track after 26. Found myself in the right spot and dropped in. 4 seconds later, I dropped back onto my belly and rode the white to the shore. Wasn't until in got out that I really felt the molten burn in my eyes and my entire mouth felt like a cats tongue liking a popcorn fart. The wife made a good point, if it kills the fish, it's probably not good for you

7. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    And.....fail.

They sure do crashe & burne early these dayz.

8. Panhandler

Oct 27, 2015
    Haven't seen any vans fitting that description. And should've have known better then to not post a pic along with the last.

Attached Files:

9. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Dear Mr PHanderler,

Welcome to the forum old chap! You did well with the proper intro thread instead of trying to fight your way in (like bradpitted, among others) now you will be generally excepted by the others.

Just a note- most times people actually don't like to talk about surfing for some strange reason- if you can hang with that your do well.

Don't forget your towel!

Your pal,
    Mr Belmar

10. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Welcomme and top o' the marnin to ya. Nice herro thread.

What's your sand reconne technique?

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Where are the pictures of you GF...the naked ones??
    I mean.....come on, man!!

12. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Welcome to SI, now go kill yourself

13. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Welcome to the fray.

Destin has purty sand.

which foot do you put forward?

14. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    My son lives/surfs in Destin! He was out last week several days. He just got deployed to Nicaragua for six months.

Welcomme! Your next step is to use proppere surfe Englishe when posting a tread!

15. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Welcomme to you Mr Philanderer. A well done intro threade indeed. Riley will be along shortly asking you to bring him some pills. Wayne will ask you to attend surf church. Barry will call you a moron. You will eventually be challenged to a bench-off or a sponge-off or both. Despite all this, please do not abandonne us. We are rather sensitive to that here. Just one question, do you have a particular foote preference? Personally, I always use the closest foote but to it's their own.

16. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Welcome PH. What kind of board do you ride mostly? Have you ever surfed Shell Island? How's the fishing been lately?

17. Panhandler

Oct 27, 2015
    Thanks for the addvice on proper forumme etiquette, Mr Bmar - new guy syndromme

Do my reconne on the way to work. It gives me something good to think about the rest of the day. Not sure if that is proper def, I tried to use the google but nothing on reconne. I did however learn what to do if I run into any sherriffes

I'm a righty, but still working on that

I mostly ride a 9' quiet flight GTO. I inherited it a while and have come enjoy it on these waves.

Never surfed shell island, I've heard it can get good heading to PC. They do have great bay scallops over in that area
    Was a good year for Cobia, Reds are still plenty. I'm going to be in West Palm in Jan with work, hopefully I can get some free to check it out down there

I do exercise so I can stay out longer. Have to admitt I don't bench much as I'm fine with the size of my unit. Haven't sponged since my first pair of floaties but I prob can manage something.

Lastly, DP I prefer masacistic m@sturcation, death is too final. But have a nice day

18. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Welcome to our happy lil dysfunctional family.

If you can't post pics of the wife, just post several pics of a hottie and lie to us, we're ok with living comfortable lies here.

I prefer brunettes or redheads with blue eyes.

19. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    excellent response to the bench question.

Here's a tip on reconne, http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?27238-Might-as-well-come-clean

just remember, this forum can turn on you quicker than you say "hey, don't throw my stuff in the water!"

20. Panhandler

Oct 27, 2015
    Got it now, thanks hh. 29 pages, holy crap.