Al Merrick Biscuit vs. Patterson Pill

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by atooky, Jun 18, 2009.

1. atooky

atooky Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Im in the market for either one of these. Anyone know the differences in these boards? preferences? pros/cons of each. Basically anything comparing the two boards?

2. LVl<E

LVl<E Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    not really sure about either of those boards but i jsut bout a 5' 10' al merrick pod...havent gotten to ride it yet but ill be out tomorow morning with it....similar size as the biscuit jsut much different noise and tail...ill let you know how it does tomorow.

3. darippah

darippah Well-Known Member

May 27, 2008
    biscuit = amazing, just bought it 2 hours ago n took it for a spin, i cudnt be happier

4. smack da lip whaaapaaa

smack da lip whaaapaaa Well-Known Member

May 10, 2008
    The biscuit is a nice board. I have the 6'x21"x3" with future fins. It works in anything knee high to head high. Gets a bit skippy at head high, especially with hard offshore winds (due to its increased buoyancy over typical boards - biscuits have a lot of volume). Maneuvers nice for a board with thick rails and width. The single to double concave is clutch for release out the tail. I love this board. Since I bought it back in march its all I've been riding, sorry sharpeye :(

I'm 6'4" 200lbs and this board floats me nicely. Hope it helps you gauge what dimensions your looking for.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  5. darippah

darippah Well-Known Member

May 27, 2008
    im 185 and i got the 5'4........ my winter short board is a 6'0 alternator

6. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Support your local shaper

7. GreatWhiteShark

GreatWhiteShark Active Member

Jun 19, 2009
    A biscuit is the perfect name for a surfer's surfboard.....

8. LVl<E

LVl<E Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    yo that pod i bought yesterday rode reall nice like today... waves in long branch were some steep drops some head high sets and it did really well on those. its really fast board but easy to handle. hope you at least enjoy whatever board you choose

9. chrisd

chrisd Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    So far I love my pill guys it is sick.