For reelz?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by DonQ, Nov 27, 2015.

1. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Ok, now I have seen it all.
    It's the beginning of the holidays and lots of stupid yet to come. If I wasn't down in Jerz I probably would not have heard about this. It just goes to show how incompetent some are.
    Apparently a group of 7 guys had taken a pontoon (party platform)boat out of the Manasquan inlet with a swell running. Unfortunately 2 have lost their lives now. I am curious to know if there is any bit of common sense left in people and how old is old enough to know better? Or was it just the weed and booze. I'm sure we have all done some crazy things (I am no exception) in our days but at what point do we realize what can and can't, should or shouldn't be done? I now live in the boating capital of the NE and have witnessed some crazy chit but this is crazyX10.
    To whom it may concern; so sorry for your losses.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Maybe it was just the weed. Either way, stupid. Hopefully it wasn't any of my buddies back home. Don't think they're that dumb tho.

3. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    play stupid games

win stupid prizes

4. Barry bottomfeeder

Barry bottomfeeder Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Ive done stupid stuff x20 and people could of definitely spoke about how much of a moron i was on the internet. Thankfully I have not won the prize yet. One of these days Im gonna quit playin the game. Im 49 and im addicted to pushing the envelope of stupidity! Typically I do not recruit 6 others to join me. Its sad that people lost their lives. I hope all the people who cared for and loved them can manage thru the tragedy.

5. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    This is definitely an all time tragedy. I still cringe when I see boats in the channel at Teahupoo . I would feel safer on a surfboard for sure. A fine line between thrills and stupidity. I'd rather go shark fishing with Capt. Quint

6. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I think jawndoeski said he was there lol,i just said I just saw that on the news 20 minutes ago.pretty crazy,they hit those waves and flipped over.idk man like wtf u doing on that boat.sucks for them but everyone was surfing,im sure a bunch of people surfing the inlet witnessed the whole thing,happened around 3pm

7. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Where these guys fishing or what? Unclear on why they would attempt such a thing?
    I'm dumb founded.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    The truly stupid (aka, almost everyone) don't have your degree of self-awareness.

9. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Haha, this is *so* true. I mean, how many of us did something "stupid" for stupid's sake, and knew what we were about to do was stupid and futile? LOL

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

It is the definition of moron....

11. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Bunch of guys from PA. One guy was 77 years old. RiP. Got to know the conditions. A Poonton boat has no place in the ocean. They are for lakes and maybe a calm day on the bay.

12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Precisely.

13. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I'll confess that in my earlier foolish days I would jump into a board bag and strap meselfe to the racks on his 72 nova as we drove the strip and even the GSP at speeds up to 80. Never giving much thought to four rusted bolts holding me down.
    Disclaimer: I am not a role model nor do I claim to be an innovator.

14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You were a moron, obviously!!

15. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Does anyone have a link or anything to a video of the boat flipping?

It's sad that 2 ppl died

16. mushdoc

mushdoc Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Remember...Quint was the only one that died on that trip.

17. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    yeah, but those other guys had to swim back to the island...that had to have sucked.

18. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    That was his destiny, but he too could have used a bigger boat.

19. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Just a word of gratitude and thanks to all the surfers and people involved with this rescue.
    We are our brothers keeper.