Device to Dry Your Boots / Booties

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by yankee, Nov 30, 2015.

1. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    My old surfing bud used to work on milk delivery trucks. He'd bring home 5 gal blatters that they'd fill will milk. we'd fill them up with hot water and put our boots and gloves around it. Afterwards we'd have warm(ish) showers.

2. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    And "sword fights"

3. toofun

toofun Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2015
    ........Barry you are starting to sound like a movie trailer for Outbreak II........And to think this all started with a how to dry my booties and gloves thread!!

Of course if you really want to be safe you could just surf commando...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  4. Barry bottomfeeder

Barry bottomfeeder Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Full blatters and warmish showers? Now where is this tread goin?

5. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    "Helped it along" ......... superbugs were created by human stupidity, not just helped along, cowboy.

MRSA is very real, very much everywhere including grade schools to universities, very much under-reported by the various media outlets (the latter being controlled by big-money & your guvmint, Barry) & very much a growing problem in scope and in danger.

It's only panic if you are ill-informed or uneducated about the topic at hand. Ahem.

I don't care what you were doing for 30 yrs, Barry; for all we know you made PB & J sandwiches for the midnight crew at Boston General. The exponential growth of superbugs in the past decade likely supercedes your work experience back in the day. Especially if you used Skippy.

Anyways, wash your booties, don't wash your booties, it's really your call - - hope it works out for you.

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    lolz

7. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    o barry

once a gamescock always a gamescock

8. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    he said with glazed eyes and drool running down his chins.

9. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I made this for about $11.00. It doesn't fold op for travel
    image.jpg

10. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Some new age shyte right there

11. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Neat - - deets, Z, deets

12. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Soaking boots in a 50% solution of vinegar and water for a 1/2 hour or so works for me. The smell eventually returns with continued use, so repeat the process when dem raunchy boots start gettin' ffunk-kay!!

13. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    [video=youtube_share;iGx_RbGb9CI]http://youtu.be/iGx_RbGb9CI[/video]

14. HaydukeLives!

HaydukeLives! Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    I avoid mrsa and discomfortablness by buying new bouties and suites before every session

15. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Bwahahahaha

16. Barry bottomfeeder

Barry bottomfeeder Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Thanks Dosxx ill give it a try. Zero what do you have just a computer fan blowing air thru the piping?

17. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
  18. toofun

toofun Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Most of the ones Ive see do exactly that, They use a computer fan for airflow. Now if you want to improve upon that you can make a box just like the old style computer cases and put a rough service 40 watt bulb inside of it with a timer for the fan and the bulb. Then put the piping out the top. The bulb gets hot, the air circulated around the box and up through the piping and you would then have heated air. Of course Im sure someone can find a better heating element to use but you get the idea...

19. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Yeah. I saw a couple designs using a blow dryer, but I wanted something quiet. There is no heat, it's quiet and actually dries pretty quickly. Some people were saying the heat isn't good for neoprene, not sure if that is true or not. Anyways, it was cheap and it works well

20. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    I feel sure someone else has said it already but I prefer my booties big and wet. Not smelly.