When did Winter surfing become crowded?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by HARDCOREBOOGIEBOARDER-NJ, Dec 30, 2015.

1. HARDCOREBOOGIEBOARDER-NJ

HARDCOREBOOGIEBOARDER-NJ Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Plenty of kooks in winter including people LEARNING TO SURF nowadays....Didn't emass learn to surf in winter and also nearly drowned his friend who could barely swim in overhead surf? I wonder if that was frost. Whatever happened to that guy. He was cool, hopefully he learned to swim or least survival float.

2. HARDCOREBOOGIEBOARDER-NJ

Mar 22, 2015
    Hey trevolution the fact that we are debating what spot to go to avoid crowds during winter says it all and makes my point :cool: That never would have been a debate in the past. You could go anywhere.

3. wontonwonton

wontonwonton Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Gotta be a lot colder and a real storm!

4. HARDCOREBOOGIEBOARDER-NJ

Mar 22, 2015
    10 guys IS CROWDED, unless you're talking about a very long beach break. Like at least a few jetties long.
    hahaha....everyone knows NH is super crowded. I've been up there many times in the past, but stopped going. Cape cod is much better and the same distance. Unforuntately it's become a shark magnet. The only time I like to go now to NH the past couple of years when I live in RI is when it's black balled at hampton beach, but that's almost NEVER because they don't get waves up there in summer. Sort of like 2nd beach. It's become such an overcrowded mess I only go during summer when it's blackballed.(no surfing allowed) Same with long beach, ny. It's only worth it for me during summer. Too crowded otherwise. THe black ball flags are every boogie boarders best friend, which is why I can't understand spongers going to surfing areas(when waves are same everywhere) or saying things like " we have our beach back" at the end of the summer. It's better when it's tourist season. Much better. Except the wave consistency sucks obviously.

5. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Hardcore Boogie Collector NJ (nose juice) - where huffing sharts, head butting urinals, sitting naked in sinks at fast food joints, vandalizing bathrooms with toilet paper, buoy mastering, master debating, making Isis videos, and complaining about crowds in the most populated part of the country is status quo.

6. Socco

Socco Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2014
    dont let the yank know you eat at McD's .......i mentioned how much i enjoyed mcd's breakfast once and well according to the yank if you eat at McD's you are an orca killa .....if you need more info on how eating mcd's actually murders orcas talk to the yank.....happy new years breh

7. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    your "one spot that barrels" has a sign on route 1 covered in surf stickers, courtesy of URI Kooks and the like . Its almost equally blown up and not the one im referring to. If you think tunic is the best spot in the area, and all other spots within a short drive of there are "closouts after 1 second" im happy that your incapable of doing your homework in this particular area of the country for it will continue to be one less person in the lineup.

Ill take my uncrowded peaks that took a little elbow greeze to find, and you can continue to boogie board with the huddled masses yearning to be free, the same huddled masses you are complaining about in this thread.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  8. HARDCOREBOOGIEBOARDER-NJ

Mar 22, 2015
    #1 What huddled masses? I NEVER rode at matunuck....holy god. IT SUCKS DIRTY AZZ for boogie boarding. It's ultra crowded and people on longboards will paddle around you and you'll be forced to drop in on them. You sit 100 feet inside of them to catch a wave. The wave itself is SLOW AS HELL with a shallow drop that doesn't accelerate you fast enough head of the wave. Not enough board volume(a boggie board has half the board volume of a shortboard) means you just end up stuck in the white water. Nevermind it's a difficult paddle out especially at deep hole. A boogie board is hard to paddle. How hard is it to stick in your head? And I don't ride in the winter anyway. And I'm not in RI. I have waves to myself in NJ now. Miles of beach break. Way betteer

#2 "Within a short drive" is ambiguous. I know every spot.. THere are FEW spots that barrel and don't close out. NOT MANY....Not countless. Very few in fact. You're being disingenuous if you say otherwise. I know them all, don't make me list them all on here please ;)

9. HARDCOREBOOGIEBOARDER-NJ

Mar 22, 2015
    And when I say "dont' close out" I'm talking what is breaks like on average. Even that ****ty azz close out in narragansett town beach has it's rare days. I could upload a video showing it looking great. Once or twice a year event. Talking what it breaks like on an average day.

10. HARDCOREBOOGIEBOARDER-NJ

Mar 22, 2015
    Hey trevolution...I'm surprised you're trying to make RI sound better than it is. Do you want MORE crowds? It probably makes sense to talk it down instead of up unless you want more people coming there. JUST MY 2 CENTS BUDDY BOY!!!!

11. MDSurfer

MDSurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2006
  12. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Well at least we know what constitutes a crowd in your book.

More surfing, less whining.

13. Barry bottomfeeder

Barry bottomfeeder Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2015
  14. trevolution

Feb 16, 2012
    yup rhode island sucks. Jerzey is way better. Yall keep on doing your thing and ill do mine :D

15. trevolution

Feb 16, 2012
    hahaha that had me laughing so hard