To the 5 beginners

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by biff22, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Every session in the past two weeks. You can just as easily figure out how to surf away from the people who already can. Most of the significant dings I've gotten over the years were from clueless, novice surfers. They are a hazard to themselves, and others. If you're learning or just suck after years of effort, don't dump your sh!t on surfers who have it figured out.

No worries about Barry, he dry humps people who snake him, hurt him, and damage his gear, then he try's to take them home and wet hump them. Being the house moron, he's a bit confused.

2. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Yes and no. Did you try to explain to them The Code? Did they ignore your attempts at keeping the frays of civilized behavior from coming unraveled? Did you then try to regulate them properly. If the answers are all not: yes yes and Fu(k Yes, then Barry is correct.

We must all take responsibility to police the jetties. Whining on this here surf predictin website will not solve the problem, although we offered many solutions, from free heroin givaways on the beach, to flying coconuts, to throwing sh!t in the water. All these are extremely effective at culling the masses. Or there is always dawn patrol. No reason to come on here and whine and expect they are on here reading. They prolly cant read.

3. biff22

biff22 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I did try to explain what I could to them but I wasn't gonna spend my time babysitting. I honestly figured that one of them might see this and rethink their approach.

4. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I can see your frustration with such nonsense but
    I did get some totally gnar pics with my brand new GP that Santa brought me.
    Fun day wasnt it!

5. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I know it's easy to get mad and upset and all bent out of shape over these things- I know I have ranted on here from time to time BUT if these guys where really beginners then I think it's best to show them a little grace. I mean we where all there at the same point when we started too. Maybe we had someone to ask questions and show us the ropes- but not everyone is a fortunate. Maybe you are that person who could befriend them and give them some tips.

Honestly I get stoked when I see ppl learning to surf and just having a fun time. Some of the guys in the line up are wayyyy to serious and it really takes the fun out of it- like they guys that will not even say hi...

Now if these newbies are causing a hazardous situation- then by all mean help them out and tell them what they are doing wrong and why..

I was just out the other week and there where tons of guys out in spring suits felt like its summer lol. Well there where a few guys that I could tell where a little new and still learning. They did keep thier distance. But when I got out one of the guys made a joke about me needing a bigger pickup truck for my longboard. Well we got a talking and I was able to help him with some advise for a good board selection. He had a 7'10 board and was a bit older and after a few years was still not progressing much.

Anyways- I know it's aggravating but maybe saying something or talking to them longer could be a a better long term plan then kicking them off your break.

Btw- Barry (aka Emass) is ok- once you get to know him.... He just has a hard time dealing with us morons

6. biff22

biff22 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I def tried to be as gracious as I could be. Believe me I wanted to say a lot more than I did in my post and out in the water. They were nice people just clueless. Ignorant but not willfully so. The ones I gave a little direction to received it well but there were five of them and I wasn't gonna try and teach them all something of the relatively little I know.

7. eppeldaa

eppeldaa Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
  8. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I give it about a 2% chance that a newbie surfer that ruins your session actually goes on to this forum to read what they did wrong. My suggestion is to get a face tattoo and just glare at them. Problem solved.

9. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Bif, if they were not in your way or cutting you off, don't sweat it too much. If they paddled out right on top of you or threw your sheet in the water, let them know about themselves. Just because it's a group, does not mean you can't buck up. Tell them it's time for a bench off!!

10. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Dear Biff,

Would you join us more often on the swellinfo.com threads? I'm sure you could benefite from some of our knowegable experts in all fields. We even offer phycological advise - if you ever find the need. Barry is actually out head phycologist.

Anyways- occasionally we talk about surfing too!

Seriously you should stick around, I think you'll fit in just fine.

Btw does your real name happen to be Brad?

Your pal
    Mr Belmar

11. biff22

biff22 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Lol @ the face tattoo. I'm really not the regulate the lineup guy, but I do admit I love the locals who are and appreciate them. This crew was definitely in the way, with a couple ugly near misses. I think I got my point across while in the water but, like I said, they weren't bad guys, just clueless. I'm also not Brad.

12. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I'm sure the culprits have read this, realized the error in their ways, and been to Confession.

13. EMazzSpicoli

EMazzSpicoli Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Is this English language? I just see a bunch of sentence fragments. Oh wait, it's a classic SI haiku. My mistake, carry on.

Soooo... the lineup was already crowded, with all of you fighting for the same peak, and these beginners diluted the magnificence that this break was that day exactly how?

And you made how many in that time?

Yeah, thanks to your Public Service Announcement.

Not nearly as sorry as we are for reading this...

You're the classe clown, bro.

Boards as in surf, or boards as in message? Please specify.

Awesome.

See reference to Craigslist Missed Connections below.

Agreed. Clearly it didn't happen.

And not be able to keep the cause of his chronic/manic depression to himself? Why would he do that?

And you expected them to rip like Slater? Bro, do you even comprehendde?

1) You didn't identify the causal relationship with the situation after the first day and find a new place to surf.
    2) You didn't make them find a new place to surf either of these two days.
    3) You did this to yourself.

The only awful thing is that he was way more stoked than you ever will be. Glad you let him rob you of your fun that day. Your choice. Awful choice.

NYE = No, You Eunich.

Then. Walk. Down. The. Damme. Beeche.

You're expecting way too much from people. Sure sign of lack of acceptance with reality. Maybe there are lessons you need to learn yourself.

Sorry, but what is this this? A statement, figure of speeche, questionne????

Do you remember it properly then? How accurate is your testimony? Can you cease wasting our interwebbe bandwith?

Yeah, but Biffe stays inside sipping his macchiato whilst warming his Hobbit feet by the fire on those gnarly days.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  14. EMazzSpicoli

Jul 1, 2015
    Thank you.

If Biffe had the ballz to do anything about deez noobz who snaked him, would that be considered "wette humping"?

But you will spend your time crying about it to uninvolved strangers who don't give a damme...

Really??????

Then you honestly lament daily on Craiglist Missed Connections to those chix at the mall that made you feel kinda funny, like you were climbing the rope in gym class, yet you didn't tell them such due to castration during your infancy.

Eat a dikk Mr. h2o. You know I'm one of a kind.

Gracious? As in you thanked them for dropping in on you?

Sprinkle some Miracle-Gro on your ballz and maybe next time you'll confront issues in person rather than your virtual life.

Then what's the damme problem? And why do you have to rant on a surf predictin' phorum thereafter? Apparently, their approachability was quite high and the door was open for you to learn them good with expert surfing.

Sez the guy who runs his mouth then sues the dude who makes his body cash the check his purdy mouth wrote.

No ballz. Nada pelotas. No cojones. Keine kugeln.

Then go back to your glass house and shott the fokk opp.

0.000000000002% chance. Divided by Pi. Multiplied by infinity.

Correct. Unless you went to a preppe school like Biffe.

Classic SI Glossary material.

Excellent. Yes, they certainly have. And Weezy atoned them with a switch in his white windowless vanne.

Right. You're just the no ballz change nothing in the world except your interwebz bill guy.

Ok, Robert Paulson.

Please take your own damme advice.

15. EMazzSpicoli

Jul 1, 2015
  16. JMG

JMG Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I was there - biff did a great job trying to educate the crew without losing his cool. It was a bit like the "invading Trestles" video...

17. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    You where there?

Pics or it never happened...

I'm sorry - i don't think we ever met- are you new to SI?? Ohhhh I see you joined in 09 but only posted 9 times since. Well since your still kinda new, have you ever considered starting a hello threade to properly introduce yourself?

Thanks JMG

18. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    You were .....where....? Keeping the fleece-lined jockstrap warm for your butty? Are you The Voice of Maturity in the Lineup? Thought that queen's crown belonged to fitz73 / brad shad retahd / stuff in the water.

19. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  20. BassHole

BassHole Member

Jan 15, 2014
    I do the surf board riding at south jetties too!!!! I throw many buckets with my wave storm and shred only the hardests of gnar brah.