Split rail on bodyboard..

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by sponger, Jul 12, 2009.

1. sponger

sponger Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I split the rail on my Herlihy and its only about two years old. Tried Aquaseal twice but didn't let the board dry enough first. Trying Blob now after waiting a few days to let the core dry. Just trying to do my best to keep it rideable and not waterlogged. If this seal doesn't hold, any ideas?

2. intheeye

intheeye Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    we fix all of our rentals with a hot glue gun

3. 1234austin

1234austin Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2008
    use RTV, you can grab it from any local hardware store. its a waterproof silicone adhesive..pump it into the rail.. itll hold

4. dirtythirty34

dirtythirty34 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    yea hot glue gun is your best bet. Plus two good hard years of surf outta a body board is pretty good.

5. no6rider89

no6rider89 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2008
    you could get a real bodyboard.im sorry i hate that dam board, just about 99% of the people i have seen who own them are dbags, and all they do is wave hop. not saying that us you but i just dislike it when people give me dirty looks and just about every kid that has one of those boards does. cough bethany cough cough

6. DJFresh

DJFresh Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Hot glue gun is the way to go. Just let the core dry out, lightly sand the split area w/ very fine ~ 220+ grit sandpaper, glue, clamp together until fully cured, & then ride.

7. sponger

sponger Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Haha i'm right there with you no6, i really just use it to skim monkey crawl style and some drop knee/stand up. And yeah im not part of the "who's who of ocean view", so i'm not a cocky dirty look giving dbag. I'm just the guy that loves the ocean and i use a Custom X Conflict for real waves, just the Herlihy for when its practically useless. And thanks for the tips guys i'm hoping i can keep this piece around.

8. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    That stuff wont hold permanently though. It seems as though alot of the newer TOOBS boards come apart pretty quick. Of course it probably has alot to do with skimming (exp. the tail wings). Alot of east coast spongers rep TOOBS though.