you know you surf when???

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Sandblasters, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    this is a good one is it even possible to get board talking about surfing?

2. BennyBograil

BennyBograil Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Nailed it

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yes, it is not only possible, but likely. Face it, surfing is not bikinis. And we never tire talking about the bikinis walking by now, do we??

4. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    YES TOWELIE Now you got it!!!

Also- when you have melted wax all over the inside of you Camaro... and sand

5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Only if it's the same conversation over and over again, gotta have a variety of topics to discuss within the main subject of surfing. Some days I like talking shop, i.e. design and science of surfing, other days I could care less and just want to talk about the more important / deeper aspects of surfing. Otherwise it can get very repetitive. But like any good song you've ever heard, if you don't listen to it for a while and play it again down the road, it's still a good song and it's nice to hear again, eventually.

6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    sweet left!

Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 12.08.21 PM.jpg

7. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Exactly! Look at that fkn shoulder!

I laugh to myself now with fences because they're mostly all close-outs, which we know don't exist:D

8. Clowns-r-Us

Clowns-r-Us Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    And you reluctantly come to the obvious conclusion that a solid good surf session is almost always better than good sex, which then leads to the horrifying realization that the only thing that beats a solid good surf session is phenomenal sex...so you start wondering about those rare phenomenal surf sessions, only to discover that you actually fantasize about surfing more than sex, and decide not to go down that rabbit hole any further.

9. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    +10
    You can't think of going anywhere without wondering how to get boarde, towel, and shorts into the car, then how to sneak away from the family to get in a sesh

10. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    hahaha, those always seem to break with perfect form. If only...

11. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I can remember, even as a little kid, sitting in the back seat of my parents' car on long drives... passing the time by watching the overpass berms flying by and imagining carving turns on them.

12. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Ahhh, back when we used to use our imaginations! Before mind-surfing berms it was snake books for me.

13. crindlefish

crindlefish Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2015
    You spend more time in less clothing with your friends than with your girl

14. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    When you chastise your wife for washing your baggies because it's bad luck and will cause a flat spell.

15. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    You surf the trams between the terminals at Atlanta Hartsfiield Airport.

16. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    I didn't know that!

17. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    When you could care less about a football game because its firing and offshore.

18. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    My wife finally gave up. I promised her our next trip is to Ireland to visit her family homeland. Can't wait!

19. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    I can remember surfing on a Super Sunday back long ago when the game started early. Once it was almost flat in the am,by the time kickoff started it was head high and firing, and it was DOH by the time it got dark. Super Bowl, what Super Bowl? I will never ever waste a Sunday missing waves to watch my loser Dolphins ever ever again.

20. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    Duh! I learned that important piece of Florida surf superstition long ago, back in high skool. My Mom still thinks I am nuts. But when you live in a fickle wave window, mojo is everything. Salt crusted baggies insure the swell will keep pumping.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016