Bodyboard stoke eye candy.

Discussion in 'Global Bodyboarding Talk' started by BigSherm, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    lol big sherm the second hardcore cali boogieeeboard lokal...regulator on a spongee. big shrem doesnt even know how to surf head high waves and now hes going to shred doh in a week.. a month later after the how do i turn my board thread...dont die bro..

2. BigSherm

BigSherm Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Sandblasted-
    I'll try not to!
    DOH does scare the f*ck out of me.

3. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Sherm, those outside sets were legitimately large, but ugly as heck. I saw some decent shoulders on the smaller ones inside before I stupidly took off on an angry foamball and lost a fin. Lucky it was the brother of the one I busted, so not that big of a loss.

DOH isn't that big of a deal if the shape is right and you're at a nice pointbreak or reef that rolls it slow. Unfortunately, *t***d today was being an ugly beach with the flat west angle, and the low tide wasn't helping. Glad you didn't drown, and hope you found something better in a more protected spot up north.

How do you like those DaFins?

4. BigSherm

Dec 10, 2015
    Speed-
    I looked all the way up to Rincon, and it was big and mushy everywhere except Rincon itself, which had a huge crowd.
    I ended up at Leo Carillo, which was beautiful.
    The wind died, and head-high, steep sets were coming through once in a while.
    I like the DaFins!
    They're way more comfortable than the Hydros I started with,

I may head back to Leo tomorrow.

-Sherm

5. BigSherm

Dec 10, 2015
    Back to the stoke!

[​IMG]

6. Speed Bump

Jun 3, 2014
    Gonna do Cstreet Thurs/Fri dawnies if you're around. Size should be right, winds are great, and the tide isn't too bad. The angle on this swell is steeper, so Friday might be a good *tr**d day. Thursday will be building in, so town ought to be good. It picks up sooner than points south.

7. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  8. Speed Bump

Jun 3, 2014
    Too small today, tomorrow is a go fo sho.

9. BigSherm

Dec 10, 2015
  10. BigSherm

Dec 10, 2015
    From Lewy Finnegan's "Glewten Free" video.

It's been a **** week at work in Arizona.
    Can't wait to get back in the water at home in Ventura.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Speed Bump

Jun 3, 2014
    Dude, **ed** was so sick yesterday aternoon. Super clean HH+ A-frames rolling in with ridiculous in-n-outs both ways. The sandbar there is epic right now. With the offshores and warm air, it's nutso!

12. BigSherm

Dec 10, 2015
    Speed!
    I spent all day at Neptune's and Leo Carillo today, and it was sweet!
    Bigger and steeper and Neptune's for the first couple hours, then mellow the last couple at Leo.

I think I'm gettin the hang of carving turns, I actually did several cutbacks today that put me back into the wave.

Sherm

13. Speed Bump

Jun 3, 2014
    **r*n* was firing on Friday and probably all weekend. Those Malibu breaks are good for cutting down on the size of these XL swells. When you say Neptune's, you mean County Line, aka Snake Lake?

Next try a spinner. When you make a cutback, whip it as hard as you can, pop the fins out, slide forward on the board, and do a 360. Keep looking over your shoulder as you turn and commit to it. Once you make it all the way around, drop your fins and straighten out.

14. BigSherm

Dec 10, 2015
    Yep, county line at Neptune's Net.

Thanks for the advice!

15. Speed Bump

Jun 3, 2014
    **r**d dawnie on Friday. Should be XL. Hopefully not f-ed up like two weeks ago.

16. BigSherm

Dec 10, 2015
    Three-time world champion Isabela Sousa

[​IMG]

17. BigSherm

Dec 10, 2015
  18. Speed Bump

Jun 3, 2014
    XL and F-ed up. Too much tide, too much drift. Brown silt reminder that there's some poop in the soup from Wednesday night's rain. I still would've paddled if I wasn't sick, but then I would've gotten stomped again like two weeks ago. At least it's moving the sand back for summer.

At least last week had some good days.

Damm, that's a whole week now that I haven't paddled out. Sick for most of it, but still. Not much prospect for next week until Thursday when it'll be XL and F-ed up again.

Guess I'll try a dawnie on one of the days it's only forecast to be chest-to-head.

19. BigSherm

Dec 10, 2015
    F*CK YEAH JOANNA SCHENKER,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. BigSherm