Favorite sports and teams

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DosXX, Mar 2, 2016.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Eagles, Flyer, Phillies... not in that order. And it's tough living in NY territory... lemme tell ya.

Lakewood Blueclaws MiLB (Phillies affiliate). When I retire, I want to be the guy to takes the tickets.

Michigan Wolverines football and hoops.

Cornell Hockey. If you ever get to see one college hockey game in your life, go see Big Red. Google Cornell Hockey Cheers to get a tiny fraction of a glimpse of what the games are actually like.

2. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    I am a fan of sport. I don't have any favorites. I really just enjoy and appreciating the talent other humans have. I will watch anything. Hell, I've even watched curling and got stoked watching it. It's pretty amazing what humans can do.

3. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    During the season NFL Sunday is football and grill day at my castle unless the waves are going off. During the summer it is beach and grill day.

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    As far as NCAA Football, I was and still am a huge FSU fan. I think as a kid (and now adult) I just loved when Chief Osceola came charging onto the field on his horse "Renegage" and spiked the burning spear into ground at the 50 yard line and gave that intense stare like he was going to scalp someone. Much cooler than the silly Gators or Hurricane mascots.

I was hooked and have watched almost every game since. I remember listening to some of the games on my Walkman on Saturday as I was going through my own pre-game warm ups. Charlie Ward and Warrick Dunn were my favorite players on the team and they were the best players in the country. It seemed like they scored on every play! I got so amped listening to those games that when my own game started I was ready to go! Bobby Bowen is the greatest coach of all time, don't care what anybody says. He's a great person too, which is important. I have a good feeling about the upcoming season, hope they get another chip!

5. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I coach track and field so I dig the Summer Olympics, and any other televised T & F event. Eff the 100 and 200 meter dashes, though. Pure Nature. You got it or you don't... 400 meter and up, jumping and throwing, hurdles all cool.
    Football: NFL Panthers
    All College Sports: Syracuse. Even Football, I can still remember when...(I'm about the only one in my family not to attend 'Cuse)
    Hockey: Bruins
    NBA: Pistons
    NASCAR: Stewart/Hass (Not really much of a fan any more. I gave it the ol' college try when I moved down south) I liked Stewart 'cause early on he was the Dennis Rodman of NASCAR.
    Baseball? Meh...
    World Cup is cool but I feel like a bandwagoner on that one...
    I loved boxing in the 70's and 80's. Could not give you one name of any weight boxer now.

6. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Yes sir! Go Noles!!!

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Being in FL, Ice Hockey was never something I thought of playing but I did play some street hockey in the neighborhood. My Grandfather got me interested in the Pittsburgh Penguins one year when he sent me pics of him with the Stanley Cup and also he included a couple of pucks with the Penguins logo enclosed in a hard plastic case. I became a fan based on that and started following them.

Mario Lemieux, "The Magnificent One", is IMO the greatest hockey player to ever live. Winning several Stanley Cups while fighting Hodgkin's Disease. Having to retire when the cancer came back and then fighting through it to come back and play and still at the highest level is one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed. Today, he's still alive and well, he's now the owner of the Team, and I can't think of a greater story in sports.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I also enjoy basketball, never really played other than in the neighborhood, i'm a bit vertically challenged so naturally it wasn't for me, but I was a huge Bulls fan due to growing up in the Michael Jordan ERA. Still have my MJ jersey from when I was a kid. My parents didn't have cable early on so one of the few channels we got was WGN which meant I saw lots of Chicago sports. Plus Orlando Magic and Miami Heat weren't around until late 80's and I didn't really have any interest in them. As far as I was concerned they didn't even exist. MJ is the GOAT and always will be.

I'm not a fan of any NBA team now. I just like watching the elite players do their thing from time to time.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Oh... and I forgot...

Who on here isn't a big fan of Women's Beach Volleyball!?

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I was a big boxing fan in the 80's & 90's, I about cried when Mike Tyson got knocked out by Buster Douglas. I thought Mike was invincible after a while, a lot of people did. There aren't any boxers like there use to be. I think most of the fighting talent is gravitating toward MMA now. Plus promoters ruined the boxing world. Until they clean that crap up, it's always going to be in the dumpster. UFC is where it's at if you want to see a good fight these days. I hope boxing can make a come back though, it's a great sport.

11. jettyflea

jettyflea Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    I grew up playing hockey when I was young in the winter on ponds/lakes and then played for teams at the rinks. I haven't played since College and I'm 40. I try and tell myself to play in the old man's league but time is tough these days.

Hockey is still the only sport I follow weekly. I enjoy watching the NHL but really like watching college hockey too. I do liked watching some other sports but prefer hockey especially in person.

NHL: Rangers
    NFL: Giants
    MLB: Mets
    College Football/Basketball: Notre Dame, UNC
    College Hockey: I enjoy watching all the powerhouses in the NorthEast (BU, BC, Maine, NH) and Minnesota. My team is BC. The Beanpot is a great time.

12. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    I learned aboot hockey playing Blades of Steel in the 90s.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Best hockey game ever!

14. DaveyB

DaveyB Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    NFL: Ravens
    MLB: O's
    College Football/Bball: Terps
    College Lax: Hopkins
    Golf: Bubba/Tiger(when healthy)

15. NJ glide

NJ glide Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Giants, Mets, Devils.

16. jettyflea

jettyflea Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Great game. Sega hockey was the best though. The version where blood spilled out of the players head if you hit him hard enough.

17. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    College Football = Michigan
    College Basketball = who cares, the one and done has ruined it
    NFL = Panthers
    MLB = Dodgers
    NBA = Golden State (bandwagon)
    Hockey = Hurricanes I guess

18. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    id rather play sports than watch on tv.super boring
    but I been a lifelong fan of the devils my whole life.
    I like the eagles but they suck
    and basketball I was never into that....

I cant name more than 8 players on each team I like,but I can tell u every good surfer and skater for the past 20 years

19. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    challenge.

20. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014