WCT #2 | Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Caroline Campbell, Mar 22, 2016.

1. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
  2. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011

3. Mattyb

Mattyb Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Yeah man same to you. It's been great on southerly swells. Must have missed you, that's my favorite spot, barrels better than some spots round here. Hopefully see u ripping soon

4. Caroline Campbell

Caroline Campbell Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 4.40.37 PM.png

On their Facebook live feed of Bells the WSL posted a comment that said they're on standby til 3pm AEDT for a possible start of round 1 for the ladies.

Good to know you don't have to watch Dawn Patrol to get the call!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  5. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Never seen the pool so 'backwards.' Andino is in the top pool...? Medina & Mick & Julian are in tier two...?
    I get it as to why. Just sayin' it's odd feeling to view a plethora of the best surfers to pick from low in the pools.

Mick will Rock.

I'm posting up Mason in my third tier, just because. I hope he tears it up only because the more interviews he does then the more I'm entertained.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  6. Caroline Campbell

Caroline Campbell Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    I kept Kolohe on my team for every event last year as a true fan girl & I'm glad I kept the faith! :D

With that being said though, theres a lot surfers out right now / who don't even really care which is giving the lower guys some bump.

Owen's out
    Micks on cruise control
    Bede is injured...for now
    Now Toledo's hurt (even though these next events aren't his best)
    Jordy has sucked these last 2 years with endless "injuries"
    Taj had a baby
    Kelly is using the tour as a new board promotion campaign (even though I like Kelly surfing on the tour & not caring)

Mason always keeps it entertaining so I hope he makes it a few rounds just for the post-heat interviews

7. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Ho....ho With the last minute wave.

8. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Damn, Mick looks so smooth!

9. crindlefish

crindlefish Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Should Caio ibelli have gotten the score he did for the win over John John?

10. HaydukeLives!

HaydukeLives! Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    yes. his first turn on his last waves was fire.

fair score. great heat.

11. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Seems like one big maneuver and you got a 8/9

Boring event so far.

12. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Weak mushy waves for a big time WSL event. Looked like a "good" day down here. Where are the dream waves? Zinn bros, WTF?

13. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    The Oz events are boring -- every year. Dunno why this is. Maybe they are so far from beach, for viewing purposes? And it looks like the swell will be crappy until next weekend, ugh.

14. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    I think it's interesting to watch the pros surf in less than perfect conditions ,like what we are dealing with 90% of the time. It shows that they are just mortal humans like us. Anyone can rip in perfect condition.

15. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Love watching and listening to Barton Lynch. That guy is the definition of stoked.

16. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Sick spot when it's on. They are just plagued by onshore winds this week.

17. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Catching up watching the heat analyzer right now. Did you guys see Medina lose his board? Apparently his leash wasn't tied on right. If only Pitted was his caddy this would have never happened.

18. mbenn

mbenn Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Some observations from yesterday: Carissa Moore laying into some savage turns. Mason Ho I dig the retro vibe but put a stomp pad on that board so you can control it. Also a lot of barrel dodging going on.. can't believe no one wanted to pull in. Listen to Turpel. Be a tube Turkey.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  19. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    +1

He should be on all the contest broadcasts. Plus, he seems to really know his surf stuff & his perspective is decades deep, makes him an interesting commentator.