Used Surfboards

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by PatSayJack, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Caroline Campbell

Caroline Campbell Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Sweet site! I always buy boards online from the west coast so (I know shame on me, no local support) I will add this to my list. Would like to not get killed over the shipping $$ :eek:

My suggestion would be to try to put the volume on the board description? I hate when you look online & think you know the volume only to then end up getting a custom board that's too floaty.

2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Shame on you?? Why?? Because you find what you like on the West Coast??
    No shame at all. I do the same. I bought one board on the East Coast from a reputable shaper/ maker.....never again....never.
    I stick with the shapers I PERCEIVE (for better or worse) to be the accomplished shapers, such as, G&S, Mike Baron, Tim Bessell, etc.
    It has served me well over 50 years doing it this way.

3. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    ride mb ? where you pick them up cinnamon

o barry

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I do ride mbs boards. He has made 4 custom boards for me over the years. He comes to cinnamons usually annually, I now have a 7'6" big guy tri which is one of the best boards I have ever had; it is my travel board to PR. If I knew how, I would take a picture of it and download it for a viewing.

o bagus

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2016
  5. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Yes ,shipping fees suck! But the guys at Boardgrab helped me negotiate 50% of the fee in the sale price. Remember your buying a used board and the prices are usually flexible depending on how bad the owner wants to sell it. Cheers!

6. PatSayJack

PatSayJack Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Depending on where the board is coming from, shipping isn't too bad. Someone mentioned about haggling since it's used and that's true. You can negotiate with the shop owners to see if they will cut a bit of the price off and take into account shipping.

As for volume stats, we can only show whatever info that the surf shops have on the boards when we go in to catalog them :/

Thanks for the feedback, Caroline!

7. barreldodger69

barreldodger69 Active Member

Oct 21, 2012
    where are y'all headed next? Ill throw the word into some of my local surf shop. y'all gotta cool thing going here :cool:

8. PatSayJack

Aug 20, 2008
    Working our way up the east coast to partner with as many surf shops as possible and getting their used surfboard inventories onto the site. Currently we have partners from FL to MD, but hope to extend into the northeast up through Maine this summer. Eventually we want to work our way to the west coast, but at the moment our main focus is for the local right coast scene.

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Are you working strictly with surf shops used boards?? Or can a "private" person list a board as well.
    I too, like what you are doing as a seller.

10. PatSayJack

Aug 20, 2008
    When we first started we were allowing individual sellers to list their boards on the site, but we currently no longer do that. Sorry man! We're strictly partnering with surf shops now. If you wanted, you could go into a shop that is currently a partner of ours, put your board on consignment there, and then we'd be able to have it featured on the site. We don't have any partners in NH yet, but we are working our way north this summer to catalog as many shops as we can! Cheers.

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Okey dokey, thanks for reply, and good luck with your site and your efforts.

12. Zman9398

Zman9398 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    This sounds like an awesome program. I want free stuff