Oh Karma

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by cleavland steamer, Apr 17, 2016.

1. cleavland steamer

cleavland steamer Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2016
    It happens. It's right around every corner you least expect. Sometimes good, amazing, justified, but sometimes cruel, harsh, and straight to the nutz. Be good people and good things happen. Everything happens for a reason; how we learn and grow depends on our level of self reflection, dignity, and passion. To quote the the ineffable Justin Bieber,
    "if you like the way you look that much, oh baby you should go and love yourself"
    I went there.
    Please share your karma stories (surf or non-surf if you wish). What comes around goes around, b!tches!~
    Le McSteam

2. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I once dropped in on someone who was getting barreled and probably gonna make it and snapped my board on the failed attempt to exit the barrel. Instant Karma.

3. Socco

Socco Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2014
    damn you archy that was me.....i kid i kid..... I did once get dropped in on during quite possibly the best wave of my life right as i was coming out of the barrell by a kid on a sponge during hurricane bill but he'll get his if he hasn't already......then u have to ask yourself what did I do to deserve that? plenty I'm sure of it.

4. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    So true. Karma's a *****.

5. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Ahh, surf karma can b a *****! A few tropical seasons ago I was surfing a TS swell and had a few really good waves in the head high range. I paddled back out across the line up to the same spot and new exactly where to be. Feeling like I was cheating ( other guys...good surfers around the peak), caught anther really good one right under their nose. I got a pretty rad inside pit...came out and did the belly flop over the close out. My board got sucked over but not me. Standing on sandbar feeling all stoked and lucky...grab my board and slide my hand across a buckled nose! Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered!!!! (Side moral...kick out properly all the time)

6. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    What a cock

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Can you document this?? Was it due to a vaccine you took?? <grin>

8. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Karma goes both ways. On days where I really concentrate on sharing and taking my time between waves, I tend to have more fun, and overall a more rewarding session.

9. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Fuk Karma and his dubmass Dogma that keeps sh!tting on my lawn.

10. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    One time I was out on Hurricane Gloria's swell singing This song.
    [video=youtube;aQy5vKAaTuA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQy5vKAaTuA&list=RDaQy5vKAaTuA[/video]

Then something bad happened to me. I got stabbed in the foot and ended up with gangrene.

11. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I guess I flocked up a bunch stuff in my life. After marriage and a kid I tried and did get my act together (for the most part). That was 30 some years ago and still would not have done things different. Love my wife, and daughter and proud of them both, the best things that have ever happend to me. Every so often something in my life comes back to bite me in the azz and I realize life has its down sides and its up sides but everybody has to say to themselves at some point, "what the fvck did I do to deserve this"? when something bad happens. I try to make the connections with past actions that haunt me. I try to be a better person everyday and right the wrongs but I've just come to the conclusion that this life sucks and hopefully, maybe, I'll get it right next time if I get the chance. If not,it all was a big cosmic joke. So what you got? Will I get swatted like the fly or stepped on like the ant, or maybe hit by the garbage truck, or just happen to take a window seat at the local BK when a geriatric hits the gas instead of the brakes, or....?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016