Ho Stevie! Fins

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Zeroevol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. HoStevie

HoStevie Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Surf contest! Winner gets the girl

2. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    I've been rocking a set of Ho fins for a couple months and have been happy with them. Almost a third of the cost of others.

3. Caroline Campbell

Caroline Campbell Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    I should try these out seeing as I don't have an FCS fins, I don't see that option right now on your site though. Looks like only futures?

4. HoStevie

Aug 24, 2014
    Glad you are happy with them :)

We sold out very quickly... right now all we have is black FCS Thrusters available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013J8KD9M
    But we plan to have the rest of the fins back in stock next week, along with some new colors. Blue, orange, and white. Those will be available from on our website and Amazon.

5. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    The Culprit fins don't look too bad. I wonder how the quality is

6. heyzeus

heyzeus Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2014
    So I ordered these finnez and they are supposed to arrive today. The price seems right but I am skeptical. No mention of any specs/dims or anything, except I read on this threadde that they are like the M5. They even came with an email telling me how to install them!!! OK, so who exactly are they going after here? No dims, instructionnz for install...I'll report back once I get them on some swellzzz.

7. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    I've been satisfied with the set I got 3 or 4 months? ago. I was using the cheap plastic ones before these and I gotta say the Ho stevies are a step up from those. I've surfed them aboot 20 times and all has been (s)well.

8. HoStevie

Aug 24, 2014
    G5 ;)
    We are "going after" anyone who wants a quality fin at half the price of the big names. We don't have any size options for the fins, so if you have a fin fetish you probably want to play with other fins.
    But if you just want an affordable fin that surfs well, that's what we offer. (Oh yeah and customer service. If you don't like the fins, send em back for a refund)

If anyone is interested, we will have blue, orange, and white colors available very soon, maybe in a week or two :)

Love hearing that, thanks!

9. heyzeus

Oct 7, 2014
    I am not a fin fetish guy at all. All I meant by that is that if not for this forum I wouldn't even know what "size" fins these were. I realize they only come in one size, but a weight range would be nice, as well as a brief description of the fins ride characteristics, even if it's only "this is an all around fin for most conditions". It's just nice to be a little more sure of what you're buying. But anyways, I don't mean to be critical before I even have the fins. And thanks for offering what looks like a quality fin for a fair price!

10. HoStevie

Aug 24, 2014
    That's true, I do need to update the description. I guess I forgot to because they were out of stock for a few weeks. I'll get to it soon!

11. whiskey

whiskey Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Yo I'm happy with my Yo Stevie Fins Yo. Waaaay better than plastic.

12. heyzeus

Oct 7, 2014
    Got to test out the fins. I like them! I had been using FCS V2/K2.1 in performance core and the CI FRP fins previously. I find the Ho's to be a more well balanced template vs the short stubby V2s and the rakey narrower tipped CIs. Also the flex pattern falls right in the middle of the other two templates as well...not extremely stiff like the V2 and not extremely flexy like the CI. Good job Stevie.

13. HoStevie

Aug 24, 2014
    Yew thanks so much! Stoked that you like em :D

14. heyzeus

Oct 7, 2014
    Hate to be a downer, but an update on my finz. I actually hadn't ridden them much because I've been riding my quad fish due to lack of swellz. However, I just picked up a new thruster and was putting them ho's in the plugs and noticed the center fin has a 60/40 foil. I can't say I ever noticed it in the water before, but I'm also not gonna knowingly use fins with a bad foil. That said, I've had a lot of messed up fins from FCS, True Ames, and Rainbow, and those cost a hell of a lot more than the Ho's. I would still say the overall quality is great, but maybe give em a real good look over before installing and using.

15. HoStevie

Aug 24, 2014
    Sorry to hear that :(
    Can you send me a picture? steve@hostevie.com

I'd like to see what you mean, otherwise you can just return the fins for a full discount if you prefer.

16. heyzeus

Oct 7, 2014
    Sure I'll send you a photo today.

17. heyzeus

Oct 7, 2014
    Thanks Stevie for standing behind the product and refunding. I don't see it as an overall problem with the Ho Stevie fins and I would not hesitate to order again or recommend them to anyone. The overall quality is great, just one messed up fin I happened to purchase. Just bad luck...it happens.

18. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Thaw good business!