Washing Wetsuits

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by livesurfish, Jun 2, 2016.

1. livesurfish

livesurfish Well-Known Member

May 13, 2013
    So my suit and especially my boots have developed an awful smell so I got this piss off stuff. It says to wash it with it then soak it for like half an hour. Does anyone have anymore instructions or can be more specific than "wash".

2. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Fill up the bath tub with an inch or 2 of warm water, dump baby shampoo all over.
    Wrestle that suite until one of you tap out. Rinse all the shampoo off and hang dry.

If you need directions on wiping your arse, im hear for another hour!

3. El Stupido

El Stupido Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Try two capfulls per 10 liters of water....should leave your suite smelling nice.

4. livesurfish

livesurfish Well-Known Member

May 13, 2013
    Ok thanks for the tip, ill let u know if I need help with the other thing too

5. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Before you hang it up to dry, roll it in a towel to absorb excess moisture so it dries faster. While you're waiting for it to dry, wax the bottom of your board so it rides faster.

6. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Have your mommy put it in the washing machine on gentile cycle, after it rinses, just ball it up and throw it in your closet.....that should do it.

7. Toonces

Toonces Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    What's a liter?

8. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Just sprayed the monitor with ice tea....haha

9. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Go Betty!!! Cracked me up!

10. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    It means load it in your washing machine then add piss off and machine on high for 45 min on the warm/warm setting - for extra clean throw some SOS pads in there

After that be sure to load it in your dryer on high heat with some busted sneaks to help get water out of the suite

11. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    I've never tried the Piss Off, but I have used the ONeill wetsuit wash and I like it. I fill the tub with about 3 to 4 inches of water and then squirt some of the wash in. Put the suite in and shake it all around like you are washing it, then I let it sit for about half and hour, rinse, dry, drink.

12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Huh?? You guys piss in your wetsuits???
    Classless, absolutely classless!!

13. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    I'm waiting for the, "I dump in my suite" comment.

14. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Only thing I ever do is hit the shower at the beach right after getting out, then go home and then rinse it off in the shower real good inside and out, hang on thick plastic hanger in shower to drip dry. Never used shampoo or anything and after years of using the same suite it still does not stink.

15. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    embrace the stench man. it's a natural shark repellent/aphrodisiac.

16. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Aphrodisiac for seal rape

17. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

That would only come from jawnmoronski, and he hasn't been around lately.
    Perhaps he OD'ed somewhere seedy???

18. frothy cheese

frothy cheese Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Piss Off is sitting somewhere in the storage closet at home, always too lazy to use it, but I figured you just squirt a little in the bucket (or whatever your rinse your suite in with water) and rub the suite around then call it a day. Personally, I like to trow my suites in the dryer when I'm done for an extra spring scent to them

19. JakeF

JakeF Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    You're only supposed to do that with spring suites...

20. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I think you're joking here, but just in case, I think you'll ruin your suite this way.