Tropical Storm Colin

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by crindlefish, Jun 7, 2016.

1. crindlefish

crindlefish Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Anyone else scoring? Got it pretty good yesterday and the rest of the week should be good leading up to the actual landfall on cape, then its supposed to be 10-16 feet with 55 mph onshore winds this weekend then clean up for a few days after. It's named after me too:cool:

2. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Not much for DE, enjoy Colin, I mean, Crindle!

3. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Sweet! We got some shoulder high clean with strong offshore winds this morning. Hard to catch unless it was almost crashing on top of you. Some freight trains out there!

4. Average Joe

Average Joe Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2014
    any thoughts on NJ seeing any swell? SI models are not picking up much. Diamond Shoals buoy is at 9.5 ft, but a short period of 7 seconds. I got to imagine we get something but just wondering why its not showing up.

5. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    caught some amazing barrels down this way it just kept building all morning, it became super makeable a few hours ago i couldnt believe it was sc, but im spent now after 4 hours definitely a day to remember.

6. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Because up until later today, the storm has been over land mostly. Any other swell from it NJ may see, which would be short period wind swell, is shadowed by the elbow of OBX.

7. Average Joe

Average Joe Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2014
    interesting I use hurricane pro and it has it strengthening again to a tropical storm, with potential hurricane strength winds.

8. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    yeah but it's going to get picked up by a front and zipped off to Nova Scotia in quick order (will be off New England by tomorrow morning), moving away from the Mid-Atlantic coast.

9. crindlefish

Apr 23, 2015
    It was about chest head here, in Wellfleet there was a humpback cruising around the lineup image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

10. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    dammmn dog,that humpback looks really close to shore.i seen we had a humpback breach in avon nj a few days or week ago.id be scared shytless if a whale popped up next to me

11. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Cool whale shot! TS Colin really delivered here! It was well overhead for most the day with straight off shores too. A lot of time when the tide gets too low it'll start to close out but not today. One of the better days I can remember in a long while. My wife was trooper and took a bunch of pics. When I recover from the marathon session I'll try to edit and upload a few. Hoping for some morning leftovers!!

12. crindlefish

Apr 23, 2015
    One guy was riding a wave and the whale passed under it and the thing just doubled up and he said it was the scariest but coolest wave he's ever surfed

13. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Unsuspecting sets may pop up with the in tide but it will be short lived. Nothing to ditch work over. If you don't work; good for you, get it!
    Surprises are good

14. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    i want everyone to know that i am in butt fvkery chattanoogie tennessee and did not surf

i'm pissed and fvck everything

15. crindlefish

Apr 23, 2015
    Donq, I don't work I go to school. Easy enough because the beach is 1/4 mile away, stow boards at my uncles house, get off the morning bus and walk straight there haha
    Tard, that sux but you're not missing Joaquin. yet.

16. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Good for you...stay there

17. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    MeTard- what's up? Waffle House meeting in Tennessee? I don't even know where that is- are you close to water? How far from Belmar??

18. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    wow...Colin delivered long period groomed 3-4 foot lines on the Delmarva this morning. It even LOOKED tropical...the water was freaking turquoise.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  19. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    sitting at work dying to get on it.

20. 3rdperson

3rdperson Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Got lucky and got it for an hour and a half before the wind came up... lots of fun