The best break in Florida

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Sandblasters, Jun 23, 2016.

1. heyzeus

heyzeus Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2014
    LoL. NJ and FL both suck dude. They're the same. The difference is FL can admit that and NJ people can't. To over generalize, I'd say FL guys are better traveled and are more likely to have experienced good waves than NJ guys.

2. heyzeus

Oct 7, 2014
    Can get good but it's almost always better further south.

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Nah, it is probably due to the fact that Floridians have a lot of genetic freaks due to the large quantities of drugs their parents do/did.

4. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
  5. heyzeus

Oct 7, 2014
    I mean just regular dudes. So they have a better grasp of what good waves really are. Short hop to PR or Central America from FL.

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I also agree- Belmar totally has better waves then anywhere on the east coast.

And all the guys from NJ really know thier favorite traveling surf location- PR, like the back of thier hand

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

More like Spanish Fly.....

8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yup. I recently booked my short hop for December. I am really looking forward to this one. Last one did not really engage me as being worthy for a return trip (CR). I should have known better; got caught up in traveling with the herd....

9. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    [​IMG]

My genetics are just fine ....thank you

10. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I thought u were from south Carolina..

lol seems I started something with that post.
    id say florida is more consistant than nj,but we do have hollower waves.it really is all the same,except u guys have blue water ,but its just a couple sandbars at the end of the day.

from my own experience,id say the 2 best spots on the ec is the outer banks and long island.long island is a hidden secret,and obx is a well known secret.li tho,they get serious size,like fukin serious lol.im not talking rockaway or long beach but way way up the coast towards Montauk.

lol got to throw one more argument in there,we have a smaller crowd here.everybody surfs in florida,shyt why not its always sunny and the waters warm.we got ice cold water and its great,5 people is a crowd in my eyes

11. heyzeus

Oct 7, 2014

LOL blue water...always sunny and warm? You talking about south beach? They don't get waves.

Florida gets hollow just like NJ.

IF we're just talking good and not consistent, then it has to be Pumphouse. Nowhere else on the EC could hold surf like this... (wait till a few minutes in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHIJulp9ITY

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  12. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    florida is like my home away from home only a few hours away ive seen florida super hollow and the obx blows away both we all know.

13. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    obx is the jem.....for sure.

14. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Agreed.

15. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Pretty good article in the latest surfing mag about Sebastian...RIP