Ever Body Boarded a Double Overhead Wave?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by mmasters, Aug 18, 2009.

1. mmasters

mmasters Member

May 15, 2009
    I've bodyboarded head high waves and that was a lot of fun, I'm questioning though whether double overhead is too much...

2. daddy_nugg123

daddy_nugg123 Active Member

Mar 2, 2009
    at most spots its gunna be stupid. find a deep break. youll be fine. watch out for outside bombs.. wonder if the dog beach in squan will be breaking??

3. InletRider

InletRider Well-Known Member

May 27, 2007
    dog beach only breaks with hard NE winds

4. Mancora

Mancora Active Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Don't worry.

Just charge and be sure you want to do it:):):) , if you doubt it don't enter the water:eek::eek: or stay away from other people way.

5. YankeeSpy

YankeeSpy Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2008
    I saw a few guys body boarding Noel at IRI when it was well overhead but not quite double. They seemed to do alright.

6. Howett

Howett Active Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Double over (or close to) is a lot of fun. Time the paddle out right and you won't lose energy, then everything is much easier. Mess up your first paddle out, and you'll be out of breath and back on the beach; maybe even for good.

7. SuburbanScumNJ

SuburbanScumNJ Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    bodyboarding is for pussies i hope you drown

8. InletRider

InletRider Well-Known Member

May 27, 2007
    hahahahahahahaha

9. Mancora

Mancora Active Member

Sep 23, 2008
  10. Chris Joyner

Chris Joyner Moderator

May 23, 2006
    Hope you get some good shots of the boys...

11. daddy_nugg123

daddy_nugg123 Active Member

Mar 2, 2009
  12. no6rider89

no6rider89 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2008
    seriously man what type of question is that, you do whatever you can handle. people surf much bigger waves on bodyboards thandouble overhead(ours, joker, cyclops pipeline etc). and dotn worry about half the people bashing your question, i know 75% are the type of people wh will sit in the water with there surfboard and rashguard on pretending that they are goin to charge a wave for hours.

p.s mod, its pretty disgusting that a lot of the stuff said on this site is allowed, such as stupid topics, and replies. it makes this site look really immature.

13. SuburbanScumNJ

SuburbanScumNJ Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Def def def =)

14. MDSurfer

MDSurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2006
    You mean it isn't?

15. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I was out at IRI that day. It was quite playful. Then i went to OC and it was bigger and super hollow. There were a couple guys out but they were all spred out.

You have to be in such good shape to make it out in the lineup. Bodyboards have less surface area...so they dont paddle as fast. Mostlikely, you will have to ditch you board (get a leash if you dont have one!!).

16. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    So true. They will just sit in the lineup to say they were out.

17. eastcoast_sponger

eastcoast_sponger Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2008
    yah double over head is fun. just charge n be smart =)

18. haberdasher

haberdasher New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    dudes if you havent surfed quad overhead , stay home this weekend dude, back in 08 jammed out on some guad OH it was like being sent through time bros,

19. shredfest

shredfest Member

Aug 7, 2009
    ^^yah broski i hears dat. rememeberer bak in oh8 wens i jambed yor mofther in er quad. ahahah :D

20. frylock89

frylock89 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    theres no point telling people to stay out of the water...people are gonna be scared crapless and not paddle out. And if you have never paddled out in anything that big before, how are you gonna learn? Ive only been out in OH, so this will be new for me, and i know i wont be just sitting out in the line up