who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
  2. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I went back out yesterday evening and there was still some decent energy left in the water. Conditions were still bumpy / crumbly but the wind was starting to ease some and it wasn't as challenging as the morning. Mostly thigh - waist high with chest high sets.

I took the Fish back out and got some short but sweet rides. It was pretty relaxing for the most part and then all of a sudden it was like someone flipped a switch and there was a 5 minute window where it was non stop and I was fighting to get back outside and get some of the sets coming in. I wondered what was going on and then I realized there was a storm cloud headed my direction from the South. It looked almost like a dust storm.

As the rain made it's way toward me I noticed the beginnings of a rainbow on the horizon. 30 seconds later I noticed the other half of the rainbow but the peak of it was covered by clouds. I rode a wave and turned around and suddenly the rainbow was complete. It was HUGE and so f'ing colorful, the gays woulda been so stoked. lol

Next thing you know, there was a DOUBLE rainbow, which to the human eye looked like they were only few feet apart. I sat there in awe.... and then a wave came in and I took it for a ride and ended up falling and when I came back up from under water, the rainbows had disappeared, gone like that and the rain started to fall. I caught a few more waves and then the rain moved on as well.

The Sun was setting and I was getting hungry. I got out of the water and as I was wrapping my leash around my fins to walk up the beach, I looked to the North and NASA had just launched a rocket! I stood and watched it until it disappeared into a cloud. I thought, man, the waves were kind meh, but this was a cool session.

This morning was a tad bit smaller, but not by much, the wind has eased a little more, but still caught some waist high waves, but not as much energy in them as yesterday. I was on the LB though, so I was able to milk the gutless wonders for all they had to offer. I was all by myself until a fisherman decided to walk way down the beach to park it right in front of me and cast his lure right in my direction.

I thought, this sh*t seems to happen all the f'ing time, why oh why do these clueless fisherman always do this? Why must they choose to fish right where I am? He literally could have walked anywhere on the beach and had it all to himself too! I tried to ignore it but after I caught a wave and rode it in and ended up right in front of him, I turned around to paddle back out and a feeding frenzy had erupted right where I came from.

Large fish too, most likely with big teeth. I decided to get out, and as I was exiting I was contemplating saying / doing something to this dude. But I thought about my conversation about anger yesterday and decided to cool it and just walk down the beach and paddle back out. This bar wasn't as good as the one I was previously on but I still got a few more waves before calling it a session.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  4. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Great post, DP-SUP. Enjoy reading your material. :cool:

The rocket launch is something I'm hoping to be witnessing, perched on my board at TPTSNBN because Wallops is scheduled to launch in the very near future. Date constantly gets postponed, so only time will tell.

5. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks bud, I've seen a launch from the lineup once or twice, it's pretty neat. Did you hear about the explosion last week? My wife works with someone who's husband works at the launch pad and they have video footage of something suspicious in the area, possibly a drone, they haven't said yet. It was a nasty explosion too. Coulda killed a lot of people but luckily nobody was hurt. The question is was it truly an accident, or was it some sort of attack. We may never know...

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Read about it. The space exploration is still risky as farkk.

Wallops has so many delays, but this one is supposed to go up in late Sept.
    "Delayed from May 31, June 24, July 6 and Aug. 22."

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Risky indeed, I guess this was the 1st time they tried to recycle one and send it back into orbit. They couldn't find why it exploded, it's a mystery at this point. I'll see if I can find out more from my wife.

8. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Space-X seemed like they'd been doing pretty good lately. This is really fishy.

But... Chuck Yeager was right.

It ain't easy.

Great surfin stories by the way DP.

Ain't never seen a launch from my board, but did see lots from my trailer park in Cape Canaveral as a kid. Grew up in one of them last ones right next to the Port. All the glasses and dishes would be clinkin in the cupboards.

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks Paulie, I appreciate the compliment. I'm going to start a new thread on the rocket, so we don't hi-jack this thread. Uno momento...

10. Hubert "Whitey" Whitney

Hubert "Whitey" Whitney Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2016
    DPSUP, you start submitting some of your surf stories to the magazines and online places. They could use the help as they are really lacking as of late.

I was even getting nervous reading aboot yesterday morning's session. Ha, I felt like U2B!!

I almost feel like I'm a student at Angel Beach High shralpin through high school and sh!t.

Waking up in the morning and measuring my pen!s.

Playing point guard on the basketball team.

Going to strip clubs out in the glades.

Florida, man, Florida.

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Man, youse guys are great, thanks dude!

Yeah, Florida is a trip, I defend it as it's my home but holy sh*t batman, it's nutzo everywhere you look. Such a melting pot of the strangest, craziest mofos.

12. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Is it just me or is the insect population in Maryland at full plague status. GD bugs have been awful since Hermine. TPTSNBN is unbearable. Town is also really bad as well.

13. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Delaware was bad this morning as well....really fun glassy waist high waves. I duck dove like 8 times more than necessary paddling out trying to shed those little biting flies. When the tide started filling in, nobody wanted to catch one into the beach, because you knew what was coming.

14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

If you would take a shower once in a while, the bugs would leave you alone....lol

15. ScobeyviIIe

Nov 3, 2015
    It was always bad in NJ (especially on the back bays) this time of year.

16. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    i got lit up by black flies Tuesday in town. those bastards were ruthless!

17. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

So, this morning, despite a persistent fever due to a viral sinusitis, I went surfing. Waves were 2-3 feet, maybe a waist high one coming along every now and then. After every wave, while padding out, a set would come along and give me a bit of a wash down, including flushing out my sinuses. That was at 6 AM to about 7:30AM. Went home, and....fever disappeared. Gone. No more sinus pressure as well. No more post-nasal drip. I post this at 1:30PM. No trace of sinusitis. Cured.

18. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Probably got a nose full of whale Jizz... That stuff cures everything! <grin>

19. ScobeyviIIe

Nov 3, 2015
    Surfing saves lives!

20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I wonder if we can get it approved through FDA??!!??
    Whale Jizz, the Cure for Nasal Everything!!!
    Two squirts a day!!