Just complaining

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Braap, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    i dont dig the bars around here a bunch of retards, you show up with girls or are hanging out with some and ever guy that doesnt have one is mean mugging..its the dumbest **** ive ever seen. people wanting to fight instead of get laid, mis13 is probably one of those guys in the corner of the waiting.... preyinggg with roofies in hand to spray like fairy dust into a hookers drink.

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Changed your name and avatar now that everybody knows you aren't a true Southerner? Lol

3. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    That's why I don't have friends...too much work...i got family and forumme, that's alls I need. Anything else gets too complicated.

4. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    yeah just migrated to new jersey and married a Italian women or is it a man? i can never tell with them.

5. Socco

Socco Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2014
    As long as you have a few buddies to paddle out with every once in a while just consider yourself lucky......I moved away from the beach 22 years ago when I was 14 and other than trying to "teach" a couple friends of mine to surf I havent paddled out with a surfing friend since then......Every once in a while it would be nice to the share the stoke if you know what I mean.......On a side note I dropped into a big closeout during Hermine on Monday and punched through the back only to realize my leash had snapped and board was nowhere in sight. I always figured that could happen in waves of consequence but never actually had to make that swim.......I was trying to bodysurf some waves in but was so out of breath I couldnt keep my head in the water very long so I ended up backstroking it in with big walls of whitewater rolling over my face every 10 seconds......I don't think I was ever in any real danger but definitely got my adrenaline pumping.....Anyways thanks to the guy who retrieved my board.......He said he saw my board and was looking for me for a minute or two until he saw me.....point being even though I don't have friends who surf I am grateful to everyone looking out for each other on those type of days.....thanks boys!!! and girls!

6. Socco

Socco Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2014
    don't be sad for me bro i have a lot in my life to be thankful for but a friend or two to surf with every once in a while would be fun......one of these days

7. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    just surfed with my my best friend from when we were kids the other night, he's a cop.

I have 3 cousins who are cops, all great people, i might add.

i learned long time ago, esp with surfng...counting or waiting on people gets you burnt.
    Only child here, so I've been flying solo forever...roll with it dude.
    T & A is a blessing from the gnarmonster Wayne.

#Ras_tafari
    #Onelove
    #Chickenheadsluts

8. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Maybe you're no fun and they don't like you.

I kid

9. Braap

Braap Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Mild possibility he says as he sits on his bed and reads a book on his weekend off.

10. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Sad but true. I miss the days in HS and college when you had a gang of friends you hung out with, good times. I'm 50 and divorced now and have some good local buds, but everyone's time is so committed we are lucky if we can get in a few beers every month or so. I kinda feel like I have regressed back to post-college days. My kids are no longer needy, no real commitments, light work schedule, but getting friends to go out is a real chore. Fortunately I do like my solo time and can easily entertain myself, but still.

My son is 14, and has his tight knit crew of friends, and I'm like damn, I wanna be 14 again and laugh at dumb shiiit and rediscover chicks all over again, but that's life for ya.

11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    God you f*gs are lame lmao

12. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I have a few really close friends, one lives with me. He moved in after my fiancé and I split almost 3 years ago. I got this big 4 bedroom and 2100 square foot house and it's pretty much just me upstairs and he's got his room downstairs. In the summer, our other friend comes to stay and my nephew and his son are 18 and just graduated high school and spend the summers here. Now they've got jobs/in college but they'll probably be down on weekends still. I often think about selling and downsizing, I bought this place with the intention of settling down and starting a family with my fiancé. The proximity to the beach and having just 9 years left till its paid off, has me wanting to lean towards keeping it.

I find that surfing is an activity that I'm fine with doing by myself and not needing a friend to share a session with, although that's fun too. I have a much older family friend, that surfs and also golfs. He says playing golf by yourself is no fun, but surfing by yourself/with strangers is fine. It's not like playing golf against yourself. I don't play golf, but I sure understand the comparison. And I'm also just as fine with sharing a session with friends too.

13. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I was never much of a club joiner myself but have tried it. It often seemed that family responsibilities and schedule conflicts got in the way, and only a few club members did all the work keeping the organization running. But maybe that might help in this case.
    Some activity, hobby or cause you're interested in with like-minded people. A co-ed group perhaps and not just a bunch of cynical old farts playing checkers. The club should have fun, enjoyable activities and not be all work or run by a few zealot Nazis demanding more money, trying to make other members feel guilty for not contributing or participating.
    Hmm, I just went full circle on this and reminded myself why I don't join clubs. Still, might be worth a try.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  14. Nosediving expert

Nosediving expert Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Surfing in winter sucks by yourself, at least on sketchy days. Get K.O'd by your board its a wrap.

15. Nosediving expert

Nosediving expert Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Fine quote. Oceans always been there for me

16. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    do you wear crocs?

crocs.jpg

17. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Well Braap, I've been sitting on my hands and biting my lip on this one for awhile now but I'm just going to throw it out there anyways.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you opened up your circle of "friends" outside of your job? I've worked closely with LEO types for many years, and have come to the conclusion that many (not all, but many) tend to be not very reliable "friends". I won't get into specifics, but I think you know what I mean.

I also know how difficult it can be to make friends outside of your immediate circle. But it can be done.

I don't personally believe that bars make great places to meet new friends. Let's get that one out of the way right now.

18. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    a little inspiration goes a long wa.jpg

19. REDDZ

REDDZ Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    No friends left? You can always make new ones. With the right attitude, you can make friends out in the line-up. There are still some good people out there lovin' the ocean and being stoked.

20. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015