who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    amazing day on Delmarva. Solid clean swell in the head high + range all day. Sunny light offshores. First shot is what we saw the second we popped over the dune this morning, and knew it was on! Surfed Two sessions. Second two shots are from after the afternoon session. Great day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CaptJAQ

CaptJAQ Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    I was waiting for a post from you. I saw Lee at Malibu's post on FB, and was hoping you were on it. That's pretty much as good as it gets around here! Thanks for taking and sharing these!

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeeeeew!

4. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Northern Monmouth had nice conditions, nice size, nice water, nice wind... and a sh!tstorm of kooks from all over the tri-state area creating havoc on what would have been one of the best days of the year. We're talkin' multiple drop-ins on a single wave... on 2 out of 3 waves. I had to leave...

Tomorrow I'll find a peak to myself off everyone's radar and have a soul-cleansing redemption session. Today was toxic.

5. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Maryland was as good as it gets. IMO

6. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    It most certainly was not the best day of the year here in Central Jerz... Nothing but close outs. That's a lie, I caught a handful of good ones but it was nothing great imo. I thought this swell was gonna treat us better.

7. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Nice shots!! I was at IRI from sun up until noon. Crowd was annoying, but still had a good day!

8. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Hit T Street this morning and shot some pics before paddling out. Couple of my boys:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matt Archibald showed up and tore the place up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Excellent! I went home to get my stuff and bam...bad asthma attack...had allergies bad earlier today, no idea why...bummed out cause I just didn't feel right. Took off tomorrow to surf.

10. be.ach.soon

be.ach.soon Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Surfed IRI and CH today. Beautiful fall day. Waves had some power.

11. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    You Gotta stay away from the cove brutha!! The zoo with current and out of state kooks claiming it.

12. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Today was a barrelfest!! If you live here and didn't get it you really need to reevaluate your priorities. Seriously!!!

13. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    LI was on fire. Head high and offshore... only got out for an hour, but it was perfect. Hopefully I'll get more time tomorrow

14. Mitchell

Jan 5, 2009
    yeah. I agree. light offshores/glassy conditions all day, no need for booties, overhead sets all day, broke right through the morning low and afternoon high tides. in my book a pretty good day.

It didn't hurt that my last wave of the day was a head high lefthander that grew down the line and let me drive through a barrel section. there were guys on the beach with cameras. Where's the love?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  15. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I know for a fact closer to home was way better than the kook sh!tshow at the Cove. Pulled up and saw it for myself, but as fate would have it... not an option at the time.

It's all good, though... priorities are what they are...

16. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Gotcha bro. The priority comment was not directed at you. I'm sure you got your wave count.

17. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    11/8/16 warm 58 degree OH sets morning glass

18. Mitchell

Jan 5, 2009

19. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    It looks like Mark Bodolus style/face to me, could be wrong- you were there I trust your call

20. Mattyb

Mattyb Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Good to see you. I got a few then went north just below the tourist zoo by my house and scored. Tomorrow should be great too. Backs fd up but it was worth it