any one drove from the states to costa or nica?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Sandblasters, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    seem like it could be dangerous but imet a dude in costa that drove from maine with his chick so it cant be that bad 55hr drive drom here, id love to get it out of the way fast but driving at night in mexico seems like bad idea-costa nica no prob.

2. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Come on man! All that driving and no surf? Well, I guess if fishing is your thing, then why not?

Maybe in my young days, when I didn't like flying much and could take all these car rides. At this point, I'm on roughly and 65 flights per year for work and flying doesn't bother me anymore. Not that it ever did, just had anxiety about getting on planes frequently. And these days, I just don't have the patience for long drives.

I drive from Jersey to Central Florida every year, not all me. My buddies and I split the driving. But even that is nauseating at this point.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016

3. crindlefish

crindlefish Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2015
    My friend met some people when he was in nica that had driven from British Columbia

4. Braap

Braap Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    I wouldn't recommend driving through Mexico as a gringo. Not as safe as what some would think. Many many variables that could turn you into being raped and murdered in some Mexican hell hole. Believe me, it happens. I was part of a task force for a while

5. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Choppo is gunna git ju bro!!

6. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Seems like a retarded thing to do. Forget the danger factor - drive time equates to non surfing time. Go to the airport, pay the nice lady some money for a ticket, drink beers (or favorite adult beverage) and you will be there in several hours.

7. Very Gay Surfer

Very Gay Surfer Member

Dec 10, 2016
    [​IMG]

8. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I wouldn't hang in TJ at night, so I don't think I would drive to Nica

9. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Weren't you going to New Zealand or something? I made my first nice comment to you on that thread now I feel like retracting it if you're not going.

10. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    They have donkey shows during the day?

11. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Ha, I have seen the donkey show! LOL. They also toss some tequila down your throat, a towel over your head and shake the sheet out of your head while you swallow you tequila.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  12. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    For sure.

I wouldn't do it unless I was retired or had months off from work at a time, like I do. I mean, I wouldn't do it myself. I'm just saying that's the only way I'd do it if I even really wanted to do it. Too much time wasted driving.

I'd either do New Zealand or fly to Costa. Driving seems like a monumental waste of time, unless you've nothing but time.

13. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Your calling someone else gay and your the one with the detailed homo thoughts. Check yourself Dork!!

14. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Dunno, the drive would be part of the fun/adventure. Drive down the East Coast, cut over along the Gulf to Mexico, stop and say hi to Grandma, and surf all along the way. If you hit a good spot just camp and surf till it's flat then move on.

I drove deep into Baja years ago with my brother and a friend. We started from central coast CA. If a spot was working we'd plop and surf our brains out until it sucked, then move further down the coast till we saw good waves again. Good times. Great experiences. And the sketchy bits just make for good stories (assuming you survive). Like getting pulled over at a road block in the middle of nowhere in Baja by the "policia" with assault weapons and getting our car searched. They took a shine to our flashlights and Duracell batteries, which we gladly offered them, for free of course.

15. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    trump has outlawed all driving to south of the border...the wall is now deisgned to keep you in...

16. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Dude must have married, divorced, and then killed his ex on a 55 Hour drive to anywhere.

17. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    i drove to new zealand once

18. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I have farted harder than expected before.

19. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Common sense say no way in hell but here are always those people who think the world is rainbows and unicorn farts who would try it. The name for those people is 'statistic'

20. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Nice job stating the obvious and jacking the tread Ray Ray!