Worst line-up?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Average Joe, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Average Joe

Average Joe Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Summertime - Belmar
    Year-Round - Manasquan

2. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Ocean City has them both beat if you ask me. How many surf schools are there up there?:mad:

3. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Jetty Rules:

No Brazilians...ever

4. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    I'd take OC over Squan any day crowd wise. Sunday was ridiculous, disgusting. Almost worst than Cape May on Labor Day weekend.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  5. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    haha - I've gotten pushed all the way south to that little stubby jetty just trying to get a wave that didn't have 8 portuguese guys paddling for it

6. Average Joe

Average Joe Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Agreed, what makes it worse is that most of the people in the lineup act like they are entitled to any wave they want, not based positioning and priority, but because they are owed to them (not unlike their parent-funded new truck, bright white carbon wrap whatever and hippyish lifestyle). but then I guess there are a lot of towns like that now...

7. frothy cheese

frothy cheese Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Squan 100%. Ive gotten great waves there and had solo sessions at inlet, but still... I rarely bother

8. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    i wonder if you wake up and make the same *****ie comment every morning. no one can relate man, absolutely no one

9. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    [video=youtube;RJrUoLE8bPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJrUoLE8bPU[/video]

10. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    Every town has one. Malibu, Cowell's and Tourmaline come immediately to mind

11. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    peasant surfing

12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Looks like Marias in Rincon, PR nowadays.
    Too bad; it was sooooo nice when I was kid and I surfed it all by my lonesome.
    Long gone and I will never go back.
    Marketing sucks--they ruin everything.

13. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    Bourgeoisie

14. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Too ugly to watch, had to tap out after 1:45. Kinda like watching people picking their nose en masse.

Those crazy French, they fight with their feet and fu(k with their face!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  15. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    you know you would think if there was a huge 12' swell at the squan the crowd would thin out.

nope lol

you think its bad on a small day see it on an epic day lol.hard to believe I scored the squan on like a Wednesday morning in February like 3 years ago to myself.probably the only time I havnt seen a crowd.

winter time u can always find a lineup.

summer time,everywhere from long branch to Barnegat sucks.no parking, u park 2 miles away and finally get to the beach and see theres 100s of people in the water.just terrible.lbi is always cool,most of the time u can find a thin crowd in certain spots.

16. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    Sebastian Inlet 1st peak is a tough nut, but kookery is not allowed. Very skilled shredders have it on lock down on the best days.

As far as a clownfest goes, it's everywhere. Juno Pier, Jupiter Inlet, Lake Worth Pier, it's gotten bad, and the newly indocrinated SUPers have made it worse. I've heard tales of out of control Brazzo aggression at Deerfield Pier.

You just have to have blinders on and ignore the masses on certain days when the secret spots are not working. First wave yell "Everybody Go!" then wait a half a minute and snag a nug.

17. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Juno and jax pier...don't forget jax... it's a kook fest. Great thing aboot Florida is the ablility to find a Goode break and surf alone.

18. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I just can't picture Brazilians going off at the Deerfield Beach Pier, but either way its fun to think that those old 60 year old longboarders are getting hassled.

19. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    South Delray is not immune to their unbridled lack of etiquette. You may witness it firsthand if you're down here for a good swell. But yes, it is fun to imagine the chagrin of the old loggers getting launched over as they paddle out.

20. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I was at Lake Worth for a good N swell last January. You guys have it good. If those quality waves hit Delaware when the water was 74, it would have been a total cluster. gonna be down there next month hoping for more.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016