Best Point breaks in North/Central America

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Onelove87, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Onelove87

Onelove87 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2012
    I wanna know where the best point breaks are in North/Central America, and no I don't wanna know your secret spot. I just want to know peoples opinions on where they have gone during a surf trip. Starting to get that itch and need to start planning a trip again.

2. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016

3. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    There's a bunch in each country. Nica, El sal, CR whatever. They all got em. Can't miss.

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  5. Onelove87

Aug 8, 2012
    yea I was thinking about making a trip up to cali next fall and was considering it. Only thing is steamer lane is so crowded I rather just go out of the country. I have gone to Nica the last two years so wanted to stay away from there this time.

6. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    True, but if you had it all to yourself by some miracle?

7. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Well if your talking about the America's - one of the best vacation destinations happens to just have the perfect and biggest point break. Waters always warm too (thanks to the laboradors) just ask your travel agent to book the next flight to Belmar, NJ. 16th ave to be exact. Did I forget to mention the night life? DJais bar happens to be right across from reef point break.

8. Onelove87

Aug 8, 2012
    haha Yea I'm good on hearing house music for a whole week. Plus I can make a weekend trip for that

9. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Scoopy!

Scoopy! Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2016
  11. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
  12. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    Not a true point break but so what? Being a regular footed surfer, it was the best time I had repeatedly slapping backside since Big Shirley.

13. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    There was no Big Shirley, I was just making **** up.

14. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Do some research. There are probably 20+ different point breaks from santa cruz to capitola which is only 5 miles or so). All of which are mind blowing on the right day/swell, especially if it your first time there. Im not sharting on "The Lane"...it is a great wave for sure, however, there is plenty more to choose from.

15. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    central pavones. north not telling

16. PintailDonkey

PintailDonkey Well-Known Member

May 4, 2016
    If you can get big Punta Roca in El Salvador, that is the best wave I've ever surfed. On the right swell, you can catch a wave at the point and ride all the way to the beach in front of the restaurant. I've never actually made it that far, but I've seen others. Wave has to be 3/4 of a mile long. On smaller swells, I still think Punta Roca is a top 10 wave. It has barrel sections and plenty of open face. For my money, it is the best right hand point in North America. That said, I've never gotten the Queen of the Coast in classic form. When ever I have surfed it, its been fun, but WAY too crowded... anyway, my vote for best point is Punta Roca.

Honorable mentions (not counting Caribbean Islands) are Pavones (CR), Lances Left (Nica) and any of a ton of right handed points in Salina Cruz.

17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    ?

18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    On my one big surf trip through California, the two best point breaks I surfed were Malibu and Rincon. Depending on the time of year, and how much money/time you want to spend, those two spots are worthy of consideration.

19. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Central America is technically a part of North America, geographically speaking.

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I've seen pics and vids of Rincon looking absolutely ridiculously fun. Looooooong perfect waves.