narragansett ****ing longboard cock suckers

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by meatloaf, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

My wife will not let me buy her a car other than Honda Accord or similar; I would like to buy her a BMW/Lexus/etc, but she says she would always worry about denting it and then feel bad. She is happy with her 5 year old Accord. Okay with me, I guess.
    Oh, I am still in my 4 year old Subaru, that works for me--I will keep it for another 5 years, hopefully, as I am not putting too much miles on it per year. Maybe next car will be a used, but in good shape, pick-up. Never owned one.

2. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I'm like cap- I haven't bought a new board in years. Last new board I bought was back when that whole Clark foam thing happened years ago... and prices went up.

You can find some sweet boards on CL that are almost new for half the price, just gotta be patient if your looking for something in particular.

3. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    bring it on, I'm on a 9'2 red single fin with Chinese stars and nunchucks ,mudda fukka!

4. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    i get everything from craigslist.

I just have bad luck with new things.after I bought my last car right after sandy,not even 2 weeks go by,i go to a barnes and noble for 10 minutes,i parked all the way in the back.i come out theres a huge dent in my back bumper.and theres a note lol,the people covered it so it was all good.

the last newish board I got from a surf shop,probably 7 years ago,paid 500.i had it sitting in the yard drying off after a surf and the next day I went for it there was a huge ding in it.i never got an explanation as to what happened,but I suggest somebody knocked a cinder block on it

5. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    This might be a stupid question but why didn't you just paddle in and toss this guy's schit in the water? That's how most surfers would handle a situation like this. At least the cool ones would.

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Subaru, the lesbian car. Discuss.

Ah, Barry, just a bit o' fun lad ^^ - - there's actually fact behind the lesbo car rep of Subaru.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...-came-to-be-seen-as-cars-for-lesbians/488042/

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yes, I am trolling for lesbians--it is my lifelong ambition to be the one that "brings them back"!!

And, Outbacks are great cars for surfing. Easy to place boards inside it, or, easy to put on the roof racks.

8. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

She/he belongs in the scantily clad thread as a hottie.

10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Lol Makes sense, although I haven't paid over $700 for any of my customs, including my LB. And they all last for years with tons of mileage. Another thing... I don't leave my most prized possessions sitting outside for people to steal or hit with a cinder block.

11. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I was just going by the only boards I ever checked online which are channel islands and rustys,they are around 800 and better.too much coin for me.boards do last a long time.

lol I wouldn't consider my boards my most prized possessions lol.i leave my $400 wetsuite outside hanging on a line after I surf,and I'm not the only one.my boards I can give 2 sh1ts about,but my wet suites I take top quality care of them,u can cheap out on some foam,never cheap out on the thing that keeps u from getting hypothermia

12. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I guess it's all perspective, I don't worrry too much about a wetsuite down here.

13. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    did u not see the connecticut/ santa Barbara? Homies a yup

14. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

15. torn891

torn891 Active Member

Nov 5, 2013
    saw my first wavestorm of the year this past swell in MoCo NJ. Tis the season.

16. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    You'll love it. Just throw all kinds of stuff in the bed and go. Surfboard, cooler, jackhammer, dynamite, whatever.

Of course all your friends are gonna want you to tote stuff around for em.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  17. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Easy to put stuff in, but also easy for other people to take stuff out though if you stop somewhere to get a bite to eat or whatever. Rather have a van for that reason.

18. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Van.

Winter wetsuit changes will never be the same.

Waiting for wind/tide change just became much easier.

Safe, dry storage.

Needless I say more