Global Warming: Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by sisurfdogg, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Global warming??
    WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!
    WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    Al Gore save us!!!!!

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^ This.

3. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Al Gore hahahaha!!!!!
    Dude owns an oil company.
    Dude has made billions $$$$ from fear mongering.

4. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    It all boils down to this:

How do you feel about usin other people's money?

Whether it's global warming, NATO, the UN, whatever the fvck.

You either feel guilty usin other people's money or you don't.

Wrap your quest for other people's money in somethin that tugs at the heart strings of others and, CHA-CHING, jackpot!

But, Paulie! You're just a, BAD person!

What about the CHILDREN?

Or the bunnies?

You probably wanna Nuke The Whales too!

Them same folks are probably the ones that left all those beer cans and loaded baby diapers all over my formerly clean beach on Memorial Day.

Other people's money.

You either feel sick takin it, or you don't.

Plain and simple.

5. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    We have proof there is increased glacial retreat, as well as warming ocean temperatures. Therefore causing more intensified storm events. Huh? What? Really? Where?

I am waiting for this warm water, dude. And i could use some storm events with my said warming ocean temperatures this Summer. Please. I'm just not seeing it, freezing my ass off in a full suit yesterday. It is June.

6. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    C'mon...

Everybody like the bunnies...

[​IMG]

7. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    SissySurfCaulk, did you even listen to Trump's speech?
    The USA is the leader in clean energy and pollution reduction.
    The Paris Agreement meant that the US needed to cut its energy production to the point that it destroys the middle class.
    It meant that the US would have to pay other countries tens of trillions to increase their energy production all while having zero evironmental regulations until 2030.
    The Paris agreement has nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with controlling the human population.
    I'm sick and fvckin tired of people biotching about shyt they know nothing about.

8. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    Historical data shows that during periods of high CO2 levels life on earth was more abundant.
    People crying about their waterfront property need to STFU and come to terms that a warming event is better for humanity's growing population.
    More CO2 = more food.

9. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Mr. Spock said we were all gonna freeze back in the 70s. The whole world was gonna turn into winter in Jersey.

Live long and prosper.

[video=youtube;1kGB5MMIAVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kGB5MMIAVA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

10. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    This sums it up for me. I really don't need to wait for the science to be 100% settled on effects to know that avoiding man-made changes to the atmosphere is a worthwhile ambition, but not to blindly do so in a way that prevents economic progress for some. I look at it somewhat like water pollution - its a worthwhile target to leave it the way you found it even if you cant prove what the effects of [pollutant x] are.

Koki Barrels likes this.
  11. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    More CO2 = more food....this logic only makes sense if deforestation were to cease immediately. More CO2 + less trees= too much CO2. The time period you reference when CO2 was higher the 400ppm (parts per million), humans didn't inhabit the Earth. The Earth was covered in foliage, this is how CO2 got down below 400ppm, creating a much more habitable ecosystem for humans to thrive.

We eat Carbs, they are good for us. They provide caloric energy for us;however, too much of this can be a bad thing, leading to diabetes. Furthermore, if you were to have a pancreatectomy (i.e. removing the creator of insulin to process the energy) and continue to consume the same, if not more, carbs what do you think happens? Now add an additional, unnatural source to pump even more carbs down your throat (cars, industry) while removing more of the filter and I don't see that human being in the best shape....

Trying to avoid the politics of this issue as we are all pretty divided on that. I am not a "chicken little" climate change guy. The Earth will find a way to regulate itself, I just worry that in the process of it doing this, the overall health of our planet may decline.

Full disclosure...I am and have been a Tesla stock holder since 2012, so I am sure that has an effect on my objectivity....money always does whether we realize it or not.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Koki Barrels likes this.
  12. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    You bring up a good point Scotty.
    According to the so called 97% of scientists if all coutries under the Paris Accord followed the reductions implemented, it would only reduce the temperature 0.2% in ten years.
    China alone would nullify that reduction anyways because they aren't bound by the strict regulations.
    STFU about your waterfront property! You say you love the earth and love people of all races but don't give a sh!t if the Paris Accord hurts people because of your waterfront property. STFU!!!!!!

13. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Right. Nor did a lot of the other plant and animal species currently inhabiting the planet presumable evolved be compatible with THIS atmosphere/habitat.

14. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    Uhh since when were plants only carbs?
    And since when did you become a nutritionist?
    Tesla? Lol. Receiving gov subsidies and tax breaks to produce cars that the average person can't afford.

15. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Thanks! I don't have any confidence whatsoever in the models that these 97% of scientists are using to arrive at that figure. That is hocus-pocus modelling.

16. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    The same as owning waterfront property.
    STFU!!!!

17. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    Neither do the scientists who weren't hand selected to be the 97%

18. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    there is absolutely no factual evidence that this is occurring as a result of human behavior...we r talking nano seconds considering how old the earth is...should we ignore pollution, no, and imo, a reduction is responsible...but there is absolutely no evidence of global warming due to emissions.

19. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. HaydukeLives!

HaydukeLives! Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Earth goes through warming and cooling trends naturally. Have we sped it up? Yes.

But you don't need science to prove human impacting the environment/climate. You need eyes and a brain. If you take an area with limited space and pack it full of creatures too 'intelligent' for their own good Now teach them that they each need at least 200sq feet of space to eat **** and sleep, the only place to get food is in a plastic package in a giant concrete building, their bank account is how success is measure, their job 1 mile away is too far to walk, and so on and so forth. Your gonna have a great impact on your environment.

clear cut forests to develop without replacing vegetation? Last I checked your neighborhood didnt grow right out of the ground. Replace a diverse forest with a yard full of bermuda grass, that you push a stupid ****ing machine on once a week to keep looking tidy?

We have been conditioned as a species to destroy our earth. whether you believe in climate change or not, vote left or right, you cant deny the fact that we do some pretty asinine things the get through life.

Is global warming a bad thing? no one will know until its over.