this surfer wants surfing regulated

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by metard, Jul 19, 2017.

1. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Oh yea...if I squeeze my left ass cheek just right I can let out monsterous fart.
    Can't learn that in school!

2. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    ...or maybe I did...

3. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I fart a whole lot.

4. nalu222

nalu222 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    In my opinion the underlying problem specific to this article is the towns regulation on "surf zones".. They were invented to protect swimmers from surfers originally. Make the surfers stay within certain boundaries. In this case it is an accident waiting to happen, the southend is a shyt show when it gets above 2ft. ( 200 people or more from pier to jetty) take those 200 people and "make" them surf close together, throw in inexperience and this is your brain on drugs. I can understand Joe's frustration, however they have nobody to blame but themselves for the crowd factor. And because it was mentioned in this thread, do NOT come to CB, it does not break there, and there are sharks, and you will get hassled by the angry fisherman and get your tires slashed by the locals.. Stay away.

5. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #Joe

Sounds like a great place to teach kids surfing.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  6. PintailDonkey

PintailDonkey Well-Known Member

May 4, 2016
    And to elaborate... the South End of WB is the only place it breaks... and C Street... no where else. If you come to WB, those are the only places you should look. Everywhere else has urchins, drowning Mexicans (wearing jeans of course) and high levels of Gen X

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Biut...but....where are the women at???

8. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Metard is cool. The rest can f off.

Spot on about everything else.

9. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    WB if course. UNCWomen is rt by. Nothing to see at CB.

10. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    Give em hell, pintail.

11. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    And don't forget the most poop brown water on the planet. CB = hep C, or maybe even B.

12. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    Yeah. Even in the very lil time I watch tv, there's always some stupid commercial with 20 something models carrying borts and looking glamorous.

Should show them pics of Keala Kennelly after she ate it at Teahupo and tell them it happens all the time.

13. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    The Snow's Cut cocktail!

14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Please note, every, and I do mean every SUV or auto ad displays surfboards in the car, on the car, or next to the car in some form or fashion.
    I blame Hobie Alter.

15. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    And if the brown drown doesn't get ya, one of these will...

[video=youtube;pLXm1TY1AwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLXm1TY1AwM[/video]

16. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    Yep. All over everywhere.

I have to go now, my boss ordered me to go have free food and beer. Gotta keep the boss happy.

17. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Don't get me wrong folks, it's actually kinda cool that someone has the audacity to teach kids to surf in such a hostile environment. It will only get worse in years to come and there will be more and more shreddahs to hassle each other, more injuries for law suits against the town and each other. More garbage for the towns to clean up.
    Fights over parking spots. Leash laws for dogs and surfers alike. The list goes on and on and...
    Our beaches (everyone's) are being overrun by this new human condition that have the need to dip their tootsies in the tide pool. It's nothing NEW! Here in NJ. We have had to deal with such issues for quite some time now but that's the price yo pay, living in paradise.
    So if "joe" needs to let off some steam and b!tch about regulations; she can thank herselfe for these issues.

18. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    this is why I rarely surf in the summer,that and the fact theres no waves..

the problem I witnessed first hand with surf schools,is they do their lessons at super crowded spots.not even just the summer camps,but during the fall too when theres nobody on the beach.

beaches are wide open,all the surfers are in one spot,waves to the left and right as far as the eye can see,and 1 instructor and 6 kooks paddle out into the mess.

that's just dangerous imo.its like drivers ed taking a bunch of people onto the freeway where everyones doing 90mph for their first lesson

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Must I repeat the famous axiom from world-class surfer Barry Cuda: "First person in the water determines where the crowd will be".

20. sheetglass

sheetglass Well-Known Member

May 12, 2008
    The word I've heard is the local (chair/umbrella) rental outfits have beef with Silvagni's rental business, too. The reason given to me was kind of suspect imo, but I'm keen to believe it.

Maybe I'm bitter for not being in that line of work myself, but surf schools can ****in buzz off in general.