who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. SJKC

SJKC Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Thigh to waist high and clean at dawn yesterday. Given how late dawn is at this point I was surprised that I was the only one out there till 9 AM. There was no shortage of slow rolling longboard waves. The lines weren't terribly long but it was nice just to be out. The water is still pretty warm.

2. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I had a nice hour of longborting on Sunday night. My best friend was visiting and in town on business, we surfed with him, but he had a bit of a head start. I didn't get to get out there until damn near sunset. It was right before sunset and surfed until after last light. Nothing great, but just a bit ''Rideable'' if anything. Had to break out the 3/2 for the first time since early June, but I hadn't been out in a couple weeks. Last day I was out, the water was close to 70 and the air was maybe 75 or close to 80.

Felt good to be in the water again, since it's rare for me during these months, with my heavy work schedule.

3. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    also rocking the suite in the mornings nowadays. waist hi, semi glassy. fun waves. paddle out was obnoxious tho. ducked dive 15x before i could sit tho no lineup was set at my break since no one was out for the first 20min . brought out the fisch 6'4 perfection and caught only a couple that were pretty fun on the drop but not much lines thereafter. every paddle out was assonine, so much water taken in, that i gave up knowing i was already late to work. i'll be out there this evening tho, lo tide 6pm=less paddle out

4. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    the evening session was very much still lo tide. didn't have much time to get on a wave to do much, closeout specials. didn't have to paddle out tho. we might get a bump this wknd, tho i bet it'll be thi hi tops

5. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    got out for a couple hours yesterday afternoon - like 4-6 p.m. Waves were ok to fun, but just as i was getting out, the skies kind of cleared up and a massive rainbow formed over the ocean. Pretty cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    This morning was legit. Matt Keenan in Ocean City this AM. Just pieces of a 25 shot sequence. This was a very very long tube ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I shot over 300 pictures this morning and haven't even begun editing. Got some real gems.

8. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    YES!! Those look awesum!

9. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    sweet rainbow, mitchell
    nice barrel, CJ

10. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
  11. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    That wave looks hollow, dang

12. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    He was inside that thing for 3 or 4 seconds. There are more than a dozen more shots in the full sequence four of which he is completely gone with not even the tip of the board showing and a half dozen shots with the tip of the board showing.

13. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    suite! thx for posting CJ. looking forward to the swell coming up here the next few days, been a while since I've been in the wawa.

14. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Just the tip. Great shots!!!!

15. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Learned the hard way why they call it suicide jetty. Hit my face on a rock... Some minor lacerations and a black eye is not too bad all in all. Hope you scored today. Shot out to the off duty trauma nurse who did a free medical evaluation. I caught 1 sick barrel before getting sidelined on my second wave. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

16. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Gnarly, Rob... pics of your face, prease....

Pics of nurse on the other treadde...

My local was going off today. Finally got in the water and pulled into a few grinders. Been a long, difficult week, and it felt good.

17. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Got a couple sick ones with my buoys in South Joizy. Shared the line up with my two friends and a few other cats, but not too crowded. Solid head high - 1ft overhead. Lots of fun lefts, was able to pull some really long lines and do some failed air attempts. Got cartwheeled on a monster of a right wedge pig dog attempt. Totally would have made kook of the day, but I laughed it off. Gotta appreciate getting destroyed sometimes. The sunset was insane too. A gorgeous orange sky. All in all stoked. Ready to grab a few from the residuals swell over the next few days.

Sick pics cj, mitch and gnarles.

18. eatswell

Jul 14, 2009
    Got out for about 2 hours today, in the early evening and until pitch black. Took a drive to Cape May for the evening, after sleeping literally 18 hours, until 2 this afternoon. My best friend and I both have family down there, so we used the day off to surf down there for a couple hours, then spent some time visiting for dinner.

I've had some pretty nice days in Cape May this year, which is really suite on a Southeast swell. It's a hell of a place to surf when it's actually surfable and it's a fun place to hang out!

Hoping for something Sunday when I'm off again. Sunday night is looking pretty nice, once the winds shift. As of now, it looks to not be happening until right around sunset. BOO!

19. marksharky

marksharky Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Saw a pic from dirty jersey Weds. am Mike G. somewhere in Monmouth County heavy, thick barrel. Could have fit a small mini cooper in that one! I think it'll make surf-line in the days to come. Looks like we're set up for a nice run of waves! What a late summer / fall season best in years here in North Jersey!

20. eatswell

Jul 14, 2009
    I don’t get to surf much this time of year, due to a heavy work schedule. Maybe once a week, but I surfed twice this week for a combined 3 hours. May and June of this year was the best May/June that I can remember in Jersey/Monmouth County. I surfed all but maybe 10 days from early May until late June, when I went out to California for a week. I was available to surf pretty much every day too.