Help with Soloshot please?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Hawky, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Hawky

Hawky Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    I received a Soloshot 2 as a gift and I was stoked to use it to analyze my surfing/record and improve my abilities. I got it around early may, turned it on, worked great, put it away for about 2 months. I finally decided to break it out for surfing in mid July. Problem is, it didn't turn on. I didn't think much of it, I guessed that it was just dead, but I took it home an charged it overnight (the red light turns on when "charging") but I was never able to power the base on. I guess it just cant hold a charge. I emailed and called soloshot but they cant do anything about it except have me send it in for them to repair which is gonna cost me money. So I'm turning to see if any of you bros have any experience with these things. its a little frustrating but I need ideas on what to do. thanks yall.

2. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Remove the battery, put it back in and throw it in the trash, uncle rico.

3. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I saw some dude in OC with one of them. Sorry Hawk, I don't know anything about them

4. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I have the original soloshot. Used it a bunch when I first got it and haven't used it since. Turned out watching myself surf isn't that exciting.

5. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    +1 sorry dude. try putting the battery in the other way maybe? idk...

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
  7. somegaveup

somegaveup Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2008
    I had the same problem with mine. I sent it back to Soloshot they fixed it and it cost me the shipping to them.

8. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Always wash your hands after a soloshot. It's just proper etiquette.

9. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    "Soloshot: Do YOU"

10. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    haha...totally agree! yeah i think i maybe saw three of those videos you made, watched both of us catch at least 30-50 waves each. My reaction was

a) yeah that's pretty much how i pictured myself surfing in small waves;
    b) wow those days that seemed like semi-fun waist - stomach high waves were some weak-assed knee-thigh dribble...hard to believe we were getting the turns we got!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  11. Micky

Micky Member

Mar 4, 2016
    I have a Soloshot, too. My transmitter doesn't charge anymore. Turns out they don't offer any spare parts! Soloshot mailed me that they understand that I am disappointed but that they won't do anything about it. They offered me that I could pre-order the new Soloshot if I could provide a proof of purchase. Seems like Soloshot is a complete rip-off, there have been people waiting for 3 years that pre-ordered the Soloshot. They still didn't ship! The new version of the Soloshot looks nice in the videos. But what is it worth if you won't be able to buy any replacement parts in case you need them?! There is even a facebook group of dissatisfied clients: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1334926886586633/

Don't waste your money on Soloshot!

If there is anyone willing to sell his transmitter I might be interested. I guess chances are small, but who knows.

12. Son Bather Bob

Son Bather Bob Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Damn. Solo shot has some pretty ****ty customer service.

13. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I’ve been waiting for the new one to come out to try it, seems like it’s never gonna happen.

14. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    good to know, thanks

15. surfin

surfin Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Did you get it wet , battery or solo ? put it a big of rice . If you have a volt meter or test light you could see if its the battery . As for the solo , maybe some electronic air spray , try to clean the connections and buttons , etc maybe they be dirty . but try checking battery first .

16. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    It’s the battery. I had the same issue as u described. I too called soloshot and hey pushed me to buy the new model. However, Replacing the batteries is not that complicated. you can buy a new battery on amazon or on eBay. Here is a pic of the battery with the lead that you need (below)...I bought a cheaper one and just soldered it to the soloshot leads and put some heat shrink on it. Took about 20 min to install and then took a full charge. PM me if you have any other questions...

https://ibb.co/kHHorR

17. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Too bad Barry isnt around. I am sure he would provide specific, insightful instruction on how to "fix" your problem

18. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Here I’ll fill in for Barry.

Stick the battery up your ass sideways, that’ll give you a charge.

19. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    lol. Good one, DP.