Surf Ranch

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Zeroevol, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I know some of you fellas are totally against the wave pools, but this is kind of interesting.

[video=youtube;Ag6LSb87OUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag6LSb87OUw[/video]

2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Ranches are for cowboys not surfers.
    Even though asshole surfers use the word "dude" a lot, stolen from cowboy culture.
    Therefore, surfers are moron. If you are reading this--you are a moron.

3. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It is interesting. i wonder how loud the train that pulls the foil is. and what is the the time span between each wave.

4. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    great...a perfect wave that only a select few are allowed to surf. Is that thing ever going to be open to the public?

5. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Does that bother you?? Are you not one of the chosen few?? Are you crying...wah, wah...??
    Who cares, asshole??

6. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Surfers are moron or moronic?

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Both, to the highest power....

8. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    You're making some interesting connections here. Moronic, but interesting.

9. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Barry, did you get excited because you thought the threade title said, "Dude Ranch"?

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Naw--I hate cowboys ALMOST as much as I hate surfers.

11. 3rdperson

3rdperson Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2014
    definitely sick of all the effing videos.

12. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    anybody see that article a few weeks ago about a wave pool going rouge? lol

said they installed self awareness program where the system has a conscious or something,and the waves kept getting bigger and bigger and wiped out some pop and son and washed em through a hotdog stand lmao.

in other news,kellys wave puel will be on the world tour next year.how ****ing stupid is that!??I wonder if lance Burkhart will be there to pull on slaters leashe.u know theres plenty of epic waves around the world they can choose from an instead theyr going with a typhoon lagoon lol.i bet the surfers are really stoked on that one,but hey I guess its better than brazil

13. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    It's just so boring to me. The thing I like best about surfing is that no two waves are alike. That's the challenge for me... being able to "read" the wave like it's a living thing is a skill in itself. But I guess if, for you, surfing is all about doing tricks, there's nothing better.

14. NotAMasshole

NotAMasshole Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Bro, you read this in the Hotdogging section of Surfer?? Its a satire piece...

15. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    dunno, I like the idea of repeatable 10 second barrels. Think how much your surfing would improve spending a day at that place. But agree, as fun as that wave would be, I think I would still always prefer open and unpredictable ocean surfing best.

16. rearly9986

rearly9986 Active Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Wave Pools

Wave pools have been around for nearly 50 years, advancements were bound to happen.
    Let Kelly have his Ranch, we as surfers have choices, this is just one more choice.

Surf locally, which 95% of us do, or get out in the world and taste what other have to offer.
    And yes I would really like to surf the ranch, why, simple because I want to and so do most of you folks.
    Remember the cost of anything new, is extremely expensive. Just look at the price of a Flat Screen TV over the last 10 to 15 years, verses today's cost. So the cost will come down at some point and the expansion will go on and all you folks will reach into your pockets and put down the money to surf a man made wave, maybe not today...

17. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    For me, that would be a mind numbingly boring blur of an experience... one wave blending into the next... each one less memorable than the first. I'm not criticizing you at all, brother... to eats it's own... or, eats their own...or, whatever...

But for me, it's like... how many times can you open the same Christmas present?

18. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Every time I hear or see "surf ranch"....I think of a salad dressing.....