Cryptocurrencies. What say you?

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by StuckontheGulf, Nov 14, 2017.

1. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Getting into it. Hit me! Even you Barry.

2. stephangnjhc

stephangnjhc New Member

Mar 24, 2013

3. StuckontheGulf

Apr 23, 2012
    What coins do you have? Just getting started.

4. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    My son got into bitcoin at under a thousand bucks. He's been in and out several times. Had litecoin but that seemed to have stagnated. He held Etherium for a while and experimented with a lot of the start ups. He transfered out about 15 grand and now is playing with "house money."

5. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

At my stage of life, they are too risky to invest in.
    They would like to replace American currency--government will never let that happen, IMHO.
    As a vehicle for trading with wide swings?? Maybe--but any money you trade with, you need to be prepared to lose most, if not all of it.
    just opinion.

6. StuckontheGulf

Apr 23, 2012
    I'm not going all in, just playing with money I don't care if I lose or win basically. Some of the "penny stock" coins are returning incredible percentages. There sure is a lot to learn about it but Bitcoin is expected to be accepted by Amazon in Feb I think and there are more businesses than you think that already accept Bitcoin as payment. It's hard to wrap your head around the whole cryptocurrency idea but it's fascinating to me.

7. davedingus

davedingus Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2017
    I had no idea there were that many different cryptos that's nuts. Good on your son cbs money for nothing is the best kind of money.

8. arthurdigbysellers

arthurdigbysellers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Can we talk about slangin' contraband on the dark web?

9. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Thanks! Seriously... just got a text that he made some more money on a day trade with bitcoin cash. He is saving for a down payment on a house.

10. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Murder for hire, etc...Some pretty cool stuff.

11. StuckontheGulf

Apr 23, 2012
  12. TubeDoc

TubeDoc Active Member

Nov 9, 2015
    I found this interesting and helpful to understand a little more about cryptocurrency:

https://blog.chain.com/a-letter-to-jamie-dimon-de89d417cb80

It's an open letter to Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase, from the head of a company that offers semi-cryptocurrency software platforms. I guess Dimon has been critical of cryptocurrency in the past and this guy is offering the alternative perspective. The letter is long and dense at times, but a good read if you have the time...

13. Slystick

Slystick Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Substratum, Vertcoin, Lisk, and Power Ledger. All great buys right now

14. StuckontheGulf

Apr 23, 2012
    ^^^^^^How did you determine that?

15. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    As an investor I would not do more than day trade or short term holds at this point. Hell of a "bubble" and could be real ugly if it collapses. Does not mean there is no value just overvalued currently.

Any long hold should be a short.

Many big time players I talk with compare the current state of crypto similar to the housing "bubble"

Of course, this is my opinion but it is scary to buy and hold now.

Lithium, tech, defense worth checking out.

16. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    what happens when someone pushes the wrong button and it all disappears. Or it vanishes after a hack. Hey if you can make money on it, go for it. But your wrong to be "pushing" an investment that is as risky as junk bonds.

I could care less who is using it, it's not ready for prime time, not that it ever will be.

Want to get rich, just start your own Cryto-currency, leave the back door open to your hacking pals and then loot the blockchain, its a great business model. Money for nothing....
    And you "mine" bitcoins, seriously what a joke. Who gets to writes the algorithims which determine the parameters to aquire one bit coin? What happens when someone finally hacks the code and enables my cell phone to process as many transactions as a server farm in China does in one day?
    In many ways its similar to carbon tax credit BS Al Gore and all his Globalist ilk wanted to push on us. They were all set to "conjur" a new commoditeis market out of thin air for the purchase and trade of carbon credits/offsets.

I would recommend staying faraway unless you got money to burn or your playing with "house money".

17. Slystick

Slystick Member

Feb 8, 2014
    A sh*t ton of research. Im invested in about 10 crypto's rn. Quick gains, high risk. Been working so far so good for me. Substratum releases their public beta dec/jan so expect good gains if all goes as planned. Lisk is about to rebrand. PowerLedger already has working products (youtube them, great for the environment). Easiest to get started with coinbase, if you know someone with it get there referral link and both you and them will get $10. If you dont know anyone I will happily give you mine :cool: Look up videos on how to use gdax (coinbase's sister site) because there is a way to purchase cryptos with 0 fees. Binance is awesome for trading crypto's, definitely look into that. Look into hard wallets (ledger nano s) if investing a lot of money.

18. TDTubes

TDTubes Well-Known Member

May 30, 2007
    How do I get my BCH into BTC?

19. Micky

Micky Member

Mar 4, 2016
    I have been observing the bitcoin chart for a long time, but still did not invest. It is unpredictable.

20. Slystick

Slystick Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Where is your BCH right now? In a wallet? If so make a binance account, send it to you BCH address on binance and then trad it for BTC coins