guadeluepe surf trip

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by littlerhody, Jan 10, 2018.

1. littlerhody

littlerhody Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    anyone been there? I have to go on a family trip and PR and Tortolla are still rebuilding so thats a no go. looks like a sweet place though I dont speak french. thinking of staying at moule and checking it out. looks fairly consistent also for waves. Plus if waves are flat scuba diving and kiting look good there.

2. LongIslandBro

LongIslandBro Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Learn how to spell the name of the place yer talking about and we’ll talk.

(That’s the teacher in me).

littlerhody likes this.

3. littlerhody

Jan 16, 2009
    Yeah It’s a tough one for sure ! I am gonna pull the trigger on a ticket and just go and stay at a hotel there by le moule ( that could be a misspelling too). My Spanish is great no french skill whatsoever but I’m going to rent a car and check the island out wife and bambino will be comfy in the hotel I’m looking at

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

No.. That is the asshole in you!! Be clear.
    However, I personally like that. I think it is very appropriate in a surfing site. And that, because we are all morons.......

hinmo24t likes this.
  5. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Just a passing interest because I always thought Guadeloupe didn't have much (if any) surf. A little research shows that they actually get quite a bit of surf, and particularly during this time of year.

Le Moule looks to be one of the most popular spots. Good luck, I'd like to see a report on this place upon your return.

littlerhody likes this.
  6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Would you consider staying on a boat and not a hotel? Definitely expands the opportunities for fun...

7. littlerhody

Jan 16, 2009
    I would consider doing anything but I have a wife and 19 month baby so this trip is for them too. I go away alone to surf frequently so I want to make this trip about them also. Not sure how good things would be staying on a boat

8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Many of those islands get just as much swell as PR--they are close by, in geological terms. Whether there are great beaches needs to determined--that way Surfline can ruin it for locals there as well. It is there reason to exist--to ruin all beaches on Earth.

9. littlerhody

Jan 16, 2009
    I’m just gonna go and try to hire a local that’s the plan. Was looking at more advise as to a good hotel for wife and baby. I’ll figure out surf on my own as I always do.

10. hinmo24t

hinmo24t Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2012
    there are two guadalupe (or however you spell it) and I think theyre spelled the same? one off coast of mexico you might not want to be paddling around lol

11. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Got it... Yea, you definitely don't want to stay on a boat with mom and baby. But maybe get a charter for an overnight. That could be fun...

12. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    They have tons of surf. All reef. Semi-gnarly locals but if you follow the rules you will be fine.

13. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Family??
    Stay away from "The Lido Hotel", where you will see a little pimp with his hair gassed back, pair of khaki pants and his shoes shine black. All his girls love the way he sells......(Frank Zappa and The Mothers)

14. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Check Trip Advisor and Expedia, they'll point you in the right direction.

15. MASurf

MASurf Active Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Does anyone have any personal experience surfing in Barbados? I have a family trip planned for February. soup bowls seems to be the best break, but appears to rarely have offshore winds. Do you guys know anything about the south and west coast, better for wind, but does it often get waves?

desandan likes this.
  16. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Soup bowls is certainly good but there are a bazillion more spots. Wind can be an issue but it's basically a round island so winds will be favorable somwhere. Place is beautiful, warm - you will have a blast. Bring your wallet - Barbados expensive!

MASurf likes this.
  17. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    While on a cruise a few years back in December I got off in Barbados and had a pretty fun waist high session at Pebbles Beach in Bridgetown. It wasn’t anything epic and I was on an old waterlogged foamie. No clue how consistent that place is, but for the time that I was out there it was great. Sunny, warm 80+ air and water, the clearest and most beautiful blue water I’ve ever surfed and little left hand peelers that could go for a while. Good times...

18. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    I will be there in February too (3 weeks to be exact) - I plan to search around for best conditions/less crowd. I heard there are plenty of unnamed spots that are good.

MASurf and littlerhody like this.
  19. MASurf

MASurf Active Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Looks like there are so many nooks and crannies on all sides of the island that are probably hiding waves. With 3 weeks it's pretty much a guarantee that you will score. Hopefully I will get lucky, only going to be there a little less than a week.

desandan likes this.