Wave Pool World Tour

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by LongIslandBro, May 4, 2018.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    That’s what’s up!

2. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    saboteur
    [​IMG]

cepriano likes this.

3. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Watching it live, it’s actually pretty sweet. Kelly just had a nice couple waves. Still not the ocean but for a comp I guess it makes sense. There is only like 3 minutes between waves. They get a left and then a right.

4. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Damn you DP. Now i got to check it out.

But they definitely upped the time between sets for the comp. Regular time was way longer. Wonder if they will keep that 3min wait time outside of comps.

5. BassMon2

Jan 27, 2015
    Just rewatched the video i saw. Only a 5 min wait between sets. My bad guys. My bad. Here's the video

6. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Not sure if they do 3 minutes between surfers but they would give each person a 3 minute break before they had to ride their 2nd wave. They were saying how tired it makes them because it’s a long wave and then you get 3 minutes and have to go again, but in the opposite direction. Making it a game of endurance.

7. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    This event is pretty boring.

pdub, ChavezyChavez and heaps of Meh like this.
  8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah I only caught the last few minutes of it. A couple of chicks and then Slater. I was more interested in seeing how it works. Seems like a good time but by no means a replacement of the real thing.

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  9. BassMon2

Jan 27, 2015
    Yeah. I hate it. Honest opinion.... I'm not a big competitive surfing fan, yet i like watching. I like the surfing, not the rest. This is even worse. Good surfing no doubt but just not interesting. Looong barrels by a few. But it's predictable. You know where the barrel section is. They say each wave is slightly different. So the barrel section may start early or late. But at the endof the day it's a constant hand drag stall. I'd rather see barrel half the length in the real ocean where it's a stall then a pump like hell to exit or something like that. The turns? The wave almost looks like it's going to fast. Very down the line. Seems like the same snap over and over with the barrel sections sprinkled in. Even if each wave is slightly different, they are still virtually identical. I actually find it more entertaining to watch the random clips of people free surfing it. In this competition setting, where the surfers try to pack in as many turns as possible.... it doesn't work. Just doesn't click. And it's really not that long of a wave. I mean it is to us. But compare it to jbay. Jbay is just as long but offers variety.

In conclusion. I knew i wouldn't like it. But i actually hate it more than i thought i would.

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  10. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    so. I take back “pretty boring” I started watching during the euro team. That was boring surfing.

Team Brazil is killing it. Filipe, Lima and Gabriel destroyed that wave!!!

11. BassMon2

Jan 27, 2015
    Much better surfing. But still boring man. One thing i do like... guys and girls mixed. That's the only positive i can think of

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  12. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Waaaaay to sanitized. Too boring. No Bueno.

13. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
  14. Aqua boy

Aqua boy Active Member

Feb 9, 2012
    If you want to dislike something , most of the time it ends up happening. I like the idea of the team format. Seeing the teammates reaction is awesome. The waves themselves looked fun enough. I would be stoked to have a few of those right-handers. When is was boring is was so boring but Toledo's ride was sick as well as a bunch of others. Kolohe's last wave had so much effortless style. Most of all, you can tell its fun from the huge smiles on everyone's face. I can't wait to take my kid and lady for a weekend and surf my tits off.

15. Aqua boy

Aqua boy Active Member

Feb 9, 2012
    ...And its only going to get better from here

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

This wave pool is the equivalent to having sex with an inflatable.
    I prefer the real thing.

17. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    IMO, it's surfing...it's all good.

Only problem, wave pools in general, lack the scenery and the lifestyle that goes with it, but still cool. Still cool that someone can be landlocked will have a chance to surf.

18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    It's quite possible that this is the beginning of the next revolution in board design. A consistent perfect wave will let board builders dial in design like never before.

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Surfboards by Boring.
    For the boring, by the boring, with boring materials and boring design.
    Their logo..."Extreme sport evolved to boring sport"

BassMon2 likes this.