Recent Brazil Shark Attack on 18 yr old

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Bukake, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Bukake

Bukake Member

Feb 14, 2016
    I really dont post on here much, but...

I just watched a video on The Inertia regarding the 18 yr old who just died as a result of his testicles and leg being torn to shreds by a shark in Brazil.

Im absolutely f’in sick to my stomach watching the crowd on the beach holding their cell phones recording the incident.

IDK. I know people recording with their cell phones is nothing new, but something about this one just struck a nerve and chapped my as’s. Maybe its because an 18 yr old is laying their in severe trauma and shock then later died and all the people on the beach care about is trying to become famous on YouTube.

f’in idiots

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    I saw that too. The shark pretty much took a huge chunk of the inner thigh and whats between the legs. Femoral artery done, no way that kids was gonna make it. Sad

That place is so sharky, and is up there with Reunion Island, as one of those places where the ecosystem is screwed up that the sharks seem to associate humans with their normal food source

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  4. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    The STAB article written about this kid was in poor taste too. Gave the victim no compassion or privacy in their write up.

Sad way to go.

5. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Yea, most of the news articles are titled something like, "Teen Dies in Brazil After Shark Rips Off Testicles/Penis/Manhood and Part of Leg". Really? They have to mention his private parts in detail after half his body was bitten off? I can't imagine being a loved one and having to see those headlines. sad.

6. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I said this awhile ago on here when someone posted a video of some shooting at a baseball field or something. I said how it's disgusting that people's first reaction is to pull out the camera. Says alot about where there head is at. I got a bunch of backlash with people saying it could help identify the guy and blah blah blah. They might of had a point in that situation. But my point was people pull out the camera no matter the situation. Like i said, shows where there head is at. And this situation there is no reason for it or any copout you can come up with. Not like the kid really had a chance anyway, but still. Stop being robots and act like humanbeings for once

7. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
  8. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    always sharky in brazil. saw the headlines on this kid, def was not gonna catch. especially when it deals with man region. if it was a nasty leg bite, i'd be interested. random throw in, met one of the guys that did an excavation under water. the bones he dug up, shark's, is now the base story of the fictionalized movie "The Meg". the guy was showing me all kinds of pics n teeth he dug up

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Have you been to any concerts lately? I get so agitated because every f’ing person there pulls out there phone hits record and holds it up in air the entire show. Nobody seems truly connected to the music and they don’t appear to be soaking the experience in.

They’d rather document it on their phones so they can post to Facial Book, Twatter, or InstaGay to show everybody they were there. What ever happened to just enjoying the experience? You miss a lot when you are focused on your phone the whole damn time.

headhigh likes this.
  10. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Fuvking A man this is so annoying to me. They miss out on a once in a lifetime experience looking at their phone, trying to record some dogshit video that they never watch because it is so shitty. I'm sure there are dozens of said videos with me headbanging and spilling beer in the front row haha

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    This is how I feel when things like this irritate me lol

12. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018

Last time someone started recording another person's ill fortune in front of me, I made him feel like such an idiot for doing so, that he put his phone away and walked off. More people should do the same.

13. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Some of the guys I went to school with in Wilmington go diving for Megolodon teeth all the time. Check out shark_teeth_mega_store on instagram, its my buddy Zach, he's rad.

14. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I saw some poor guy die at NSB Inlet during a tropical storm / hurricane swell.

I had been surfing for a couple hours so I got out to take a break and was sitting watching the waves when this young dude is yelling for help as he drags this older guy’s lifeless body out of the water and onto the sand.

The guy had hit his head and took in too much water and didn’t make it. The paramedics worked on him for like 30 minutes or more with no response other than a bunch of water coming out of his mouth at one point, before they took him away in the ambulance.

I don’t recall anybody with a phone but if I had I would have said something. I was so bummed out seeing that I couldn’t imagine pulling my phone out. I barely wanted to paddle back out to surf. I was shook.

We packed up our stuff and moved up the beach away from the area that they were starting to block off with crime scene tape or whatever. It took me a while to shake the images in my head. That was the first time I had seen someone die in front of me.

The guy who died was a school teacher, and the younger guy who pulled him out of the water was his student...

15. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018
    The latest I referred to was drug related, didn't know him. He was walking down the road out of his mind and making a scene. Took five cops to hold him down after having been tased.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  16. BassMon2

Jan 27, 2015
    Hell yeah and solid point. Cool story actually. One of my favorite bands is Portugal the man. The first time i saw them it was a first come first serve free show. They weren't big. I was first on line. Now i see them everytime they come around. But they also blew up. You can hear them onthe vitamin water commercial with that guy from breaking bad running on a treadmill. Anyway the show's are way diffrent now.

So anyway, the bad knows they blew up and knows they have real fans and people who just jump on the bandwagon. They actually have shows for the true fans where they won't play there new stuff that blew them up. So somewhere inbetween being unknown and blowing up i saw them for like the 8th time. I dance. There not hardcore or heavy at all, but i grew up listening to that heavy stuff. Point being, i tend to dance aggressively haha. So everyone is standing with phones recording/ arms crossed... and I'm just doing my thing, screaming the words to every darn song, and stomping my feet so hard. I was trying to put them through the floor.

After the show in waiting for a cab, band walks by. They approach me and thank me. Say i made the show for them and basically shit on all the other "fans"

headhigh and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  17. BassMon2

Jan 27, 2015
    Kelly Slater said somthing similar in an interview. People will run up, ask for a picture, then go. And post said picture "i met kelly Slater". He's like you didn't meet me. There was no human interaction. But then the people who actually stop and have a real conversation with him, he'll actually remember. The other facesare just blurs

headhigh likes this.
  18. BassMon2

Jan 27, 2015
    The best is when I'm in penn station or somewhere inthe city or whatever. Two people start fighting. Everyone grabs the phone while yelling "where are the police?!?". CALL THEM INSTEAD OF RECORDING MORON

19. Burner22

Burner22 Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Mercy. He was surfing DP?

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah he was surfing. I’m thinking he went head first into the shallow sand bar there. Either that or his boart hit him in his head during a wipe out or close out / tube. It was 6-8 feet out and thumping pretty good that day.

21. Burner22

Burner22 Member

Aug 7, 2016
    That is what I was afraid of. A reminder be aware in shallow areas when it’s got size but dumpy/closing out. Taking my log to the dome with no one around is always something in the back of my mind as well.